Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Misunderstood instructions

Poster: A snowHead
"It’s a precipice, go round"

"What? It’s a piece of p!ss, come down?"

Any others?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ikea flatpack ski equipment (should it ever exist)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Guidespeak: "It's a half hour climb". Meaning: "It's a one and a half hour climb.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
more guidespeak, "people ski/board that couloir" meaning "we're about to and this is my idea of breaking it gently"
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
more guidespeak
"we are going to ski this one at a time and whatever you do, keep within my tracks" meaning "I shouldn't have brought you here as it is more unstable than I thought and your only chance of not dying is to ski on this narrow strip of rock which has no snow on it!!"
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I know a Scottish instructor who sticks his tongue out of the corner of his mouth when he's concentrating hard. He was standing downhill from a young pupil who came haring straight down the fall line. His frantic shouts of "turn" (with the "r" elided) were interpreted as "tongue". The pupil's hyper-extended tongue did not shift his weight enough to set the edges!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was shouting at my clients today "dare to dive", meaning they should dare to lean forward into the fall line (lots of previous discussion). When we stopped one lady said it sounded like "prepare to die"! Laughing Embarassed
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
More Guidespeak
" This bit is quite technical"
My translation "S##t"
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Man walked into my bar and said "A cork please", staff looked puzzled..... "pardon?" pointing at the fridge, again he said "A cork please".

Me to the rescue, "Give the Gentleman a Coca Cola........ he's from Lancashire".
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, Being Lancashire born and bread I should be offended but I actually get the same response wherever I go.........even my home town!!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, Preston Pete, Funny that - I get the same response, too (for the same reason). So I've altered it to "a diet coke, Please". Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Guide instruction most likely to make you fall: "Don't fall on this bit".
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The suggestion to "just go straight down" gets a litteral interpretation from some.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ie "The fall line"?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Danish mate (only speaks Danish and English) in a German bar, asked what he wants, asks for a dry martini, gets three of them.
latest report
Misunderstood (but not skiing related)...

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
snow conditions
Donkeys years ago, driving around the German countryside with a Sri Lankan friend. He gets a bit desparate, screeches to a halt outside the Gasthaus in the first village, bursts through the door and shouts a literal translation to the barmaid: "Wo sind die Herren?" - where are the gentlemen? "Da" - there - she replies, pointing to the bemused male drinkers.
ski holidays
skanky,
laundryman,

Much lol..!!!
snow conditions
Pete Horn,

I thought it was....

"Is it a black run?

"No, its a precipice"

"Arrrggghhh I thought you said a piece of p*$$.."

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 10-03-05 14:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I remember ordering cinq grandes bières once......... and somehow getting 5 Drambuies Puzzled
snow conditions
In a booklet entitled Summer Walks Around Les Houches "A pleasant 1.5 hour walk suitable for children, stout footwear recommended" Actually means a 3.5 hour death march with vertigo inducing exposed drop-offs and large sections where you will have to scramble down near vertical mud slides hanging onto a cable, Sherpas mandatory. Our friends who were returning to the UK that afternoon arrived at Geneva airport looking like they had literally been dragged through a hedge backwards!
latest report
Northerngooner, welcome to snowheads, presumably you're not very happy today, maybe time to start on the Drambuies again.
snow report
In my early days of learning to speak german I had this conversation with my wife in a crowded cinema just before the film started

DB target English: I am warm
DB Spoken: Ich bin warm
DB's True Translation: I am gay

Mrs DB: nine mir ist warm
Mrs DB Translation: No me is warm (it's how they say it in german)

DB English: you are also warm?
DB Spoken: du bist auch warm?
DB's True Translation: You are also homosexual?

At this point Mrs DB sinks into her seat and I'm thinking why are all these people looking at me?
ski holidays
After another tasteless cravat from Barbara, George W said "Let's invade Tie Rack". Unfortunately, someone didn't hear the T.
snow report
My brother and his schoolmates were on a foreign exchange trip in Spain. On a coach with all the Spanish girls present, his friend tried to say "I'm Hot" which he did manage however all the girls looked at him and burst out laughing. It was'nt that he'd got the Spanish wrong more the way he'd said it...!
snow conditions
A Belfast-born and bred medical student friend of mine asking her male patients 'how are your bowels?' in broad Ulster - had one or two of them distinctly worried! Shocked
latest report
Think this is from the First World War

"Send reinforcements"

interpreted as "send three and fourpence"

Needless to say the chaps involved all perished
snow report
Usual version is:

"Send reinforcements, we're going to advance"

interpreted as "send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance"
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For our younger readers, 'three and fourpence' is short for '3 shillings and 4 pence', about 17p in new money. 'Send 17p, we're going to a club.' doesn't work, though.
ski holidays
Usual variation:
"Send reinforcements, army is advancing on the right flank"

became
"Send three and four pence, Amy is dancing on the night tank"
latest report
My attempt to order a pizza to share in France ( a partage ) got me a bowl of soup! (Potage) snowHead
snow report
Never trust a french ski lift attendent. V late in the afternoon, lifts closing, white out.....'is this the run to Val Thorens?' Reply: - 'Oui - C'est Bon'. Result: - Break through the rapidly descending clouds into Les Menuires............B@st@rd!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy