Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Single skiier looking for group or buddies 5th March -12th March or thereabouts

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

36 year married fella but a ski widow, my group has fallen through and at a lose end - but really dont want to miss out!!

Of good intermediate level - will tackle any piste but yet to venture out into the off piste world, but am willing.

Reasonable budget and v flexible as to location - as long as theres snow I dont really care!

anyone interested?

cheers
Ed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Ed, young (well I think so)45 y/o intermediate skier/snow blader. Usual story, ski partners wife has put her foot down, so looking for alternatives.

Was looking at poss second week in March, but fairly flexible as run my own business. Missed out last year, so dont want to miss another...

Andy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi tubthumpered,

I was facing a similar problem as a ski widower with a couple of groups of ski buddies that have lost interest, and so signed up for a ski touring skills course with the International School of Mountaineering http://www.alpin-ism.com/courses/Skiing/skiskills.cfm

Problem is I've just had appendicitis and so won't be able to go. The course is full (6 people including me, none of whom I have met before I might add). It runs from 7pm on Sunday 28th February and ends at 9am on Saturday 6th March 2010, in Leysin, Switzerland. Check the link to see what is included - you can also call Eira in their office to ask any questions. I hadn't yet got round to getting travel insurance, so I stand to lose £895 if I don't find someone to take my place. The price includes any lift passes, transport, food and accomodation, but won't include hire of skis or travel to/from Leysin.

If you can make the dates, it could open up a whole new world of ski possibilities (I was hoping it would for me).

Anyway, send me a message if you are interested. If the price is too much I may consider a discounted rate to recoup at least some of my losses. In any case, hope you find a trip to go on.

Regards,
Benoit
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey Benoit. Did you get someone to take your place?

Thanks,
Dave
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got room on the 20th if that works...?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, waiting for a reply from Ed, above. But still looking for ski widower for March trip Sad

Andy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If your still stuck I@m in the same predicament for the 26th March!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm off with a couple my mates on the 13th of March. We're early 40's, good skiers, enjoy a pint. We book last minute for quality accom at a good price. We usually go for the Val Gardena area or the 3v's. The more the merrier. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm normally in the same predicament. Last few years found a few companies like Ski Olympic and Le Ski who do single male share arrangements. They both have ski hosting programmes so it's great to meet ski buddies. Never had a bum holiday yet Very Happy

Off to Meribel (Chalet Charlotte) on 7th March with Ski Olympic - don't know if they've got any more shares left in that chalet.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Ed

We've got space in a catered chalet in Arosa for that week if you're still looking? See the post I've just put up - 2 spaces but happy to take singles. We're a pretty friendly bunch (I think, though I'm obviously a bit biased!) Let me know if you want more info.

Gill
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hey andywat
Need a ski bud for week 6th March. 56 but int/exp skier with 30 years exp. Used to be BASI 3, but that's history.
Love St Anton, Val, Tignes but open to offers. Prefer Catered chalet. Mates all henpecked, so third trip always a problem.
Get in touch if interested.
skiporbox
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If any of you guys are still looking to join a crowd of solo skiers next week, you're very welcome to tag along with us in Meribel, 5th March. We are all ski widows - husband won't ski/wife won't ski. About 40 of us are spread around the resort, there are two chalets full plus odd twos and fours. Our meetup points are the wooden chalet in the centre of the Chaudanne at 9am to 9.15am, Jacks Bar for apres ski, Barometer or Le Poste for after dinner meetup. I post trip details on the Meetup site for International Ski Buddies and we ski together four or five times each season. Everyone welcome if you have a good sense of humour and are easy going. Bev Springham.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bev, thanks, but this was a thread from last year, however still in 3V that week this year, but in La Tania this time!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Bev

I'm really interested, I've just been let down by my friend and looking for something cheap...ish from next weekend. Can't find much online and was in Meribel last year.

Can U call me on 020 83863653 or let me have your details and I''ll call you back

Paul
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi All

I'm having to cancel a ski holiday for next week so need to sell my ticket. There are 2 tickets available.

The details are:
To: Val D'Isere
Flying From: Any UK airport with availability on a Crystal flight
Price: £340 per person (There are 2 spaces currently as we did not have full occupancy when booked)
Dates: Sat 5th March - Sat 12th March
Operator: Crystal ski
Details: Self Catering and sharing a four person flat.

We have booked 2 flats and there are 3 girls and 3 guys going. Ranging from late 20s to early 40s. All are relaxed, friendly and happy to share with new people of any age.

I really don't want to lose my money and cannot get any refund due to late notice. If you are interested please let me know.
Thanks
Helen
snow conditions
Hi,

I will be skiing solo over that weekend in Chatel 5th-7th March (arrive Sat morning leave Monday afternoon), flying to Geneva from Gatwick, have a hire car booked from GVA then driving to La Chapelle d'Abondance as staying there. I am a good intermmediate (young) 45 yr old married male, ski all day and enjoy a few beers in the evening.

Regards,
Tony

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 27-02-11 20:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Tony, you've got pm.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy