Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not bothered to ski this year

Poster: A snowHead
After a trip to Andorra at Christmas (which was pretty crap) I can't be arsed doing any more skiing this season. Just gone off the idea. Never thought I'd feel like this.

Plenty of other interests to keep me entertained and Mrs JB expecting a baby, so just not bothered Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thanks for that John
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy, I'm sure you'll get over it. What went wrong in Andorra?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont,

Crap weather, terrible hotel, food poisioning, spanish smoking everywhere.

red 27, Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I could never imagine that feeling, Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
johnboy, Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnboy, Congrats for the baby.
Kids learn to ski quickly don't stop practicing, your offspring is already catching up with you wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sad; it can happen, but at least you're not talking about giving up for good.
Give it time. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy wrote:

Plenty of other interests to keep me entertained and Mrs JB expecting a baby, so just not bothered Puzzled

If you are both expecting a baby then you are right to have other priorities. Take care of the missus and enjoy your child.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont,

I don't feel sad, just means more cash for flying and I might buy a boat for the summer as I have loads of annual leave this year. Would consider a weekend trip to Scotland but unlikely.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnboy, things change, do something else for a while, and come back to it later. I'm in two minds about it myself this winter, although I am persevering. Since JulesB's accident skiing doesn't have the same thrill any more.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can't see that ever happening to me. It's my one holiday of the year and I spend all year looking forward to it. But like the others have said, you have different priorities now.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnboy, you'll get over it! One of the Sh*t things about being injured is that I have still yet to take my kids skiing and you will have that to look forward to as well. I think I am as obsessed with skiing as I have ever been except at the moment I can't do it! Your shocking trip to Pas did make me laugh but maybe you had the bambino on your mind then, although I am still struggling to see why you went on such a Sh*t holiday when it sounds like you have a few quid! Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnboy wrote:
Helen Beaumont,

Crap weather, terrible hotel, food poisioning, spanish smoking everywhere.

red 27, Puzzled

What hotel?

Our experience in Andorra was crap hotel, people smoking everywhere, luckily the weather gods smiled on us and no food poisoning, sounds like a lot of crap for one week, but if we'd had crappy weather and any illness it could have turned into a nightmare trip pretty easily.

I occasionally feel the way you do about other sports, and find that what I usually need is to get into something different about it - if you're a dedicated piste monkey go and do an offpiste course, if you're a skiier learn to board, or have a play on blades (there, I said it) or get into coaching or teaching somehow - usually a lot of the feeling you have now are caused by a bit of boredom with the same old ski trips, and a change of priorities.

Worth putting the skis in the cupboard, take the rest of the season off and come back to it next year. You'll find you either can't wait to get them out again, or you can't get them out again. Simple.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
johnboy, having a kid knocks skiing into a cocked hat.
Cool
ski holidays
Nice blog. Take up flying. Wink
snow report
Monium,

Hotel Crest, Arinsal.

Frosty the Snowman,

Part of me thinks I should do one more trip this Spring while I have the chance, but I could take it or leave it
snow report
Quote:

having a kid knocks skiing into a cocked hat

Wouldn't know - but from what I can see it seems more like a chance to live your life by proxy Sad . I'll stick with the steeps 'n the deeps thanks.
latest report
My Mrs seems to have the same opinion about sex. Toofy Grin
snow report
johnboy, forget skiing, do an EoSB instead and focus on the apres Wink
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
johnboy, having a kid knocks skiing into a cocked hat.
Cool

Does it?

I'm going in 2 weeks with my then to be 17 week old daughter Very Happy

If there's a will there's a way as they say!!!
snow report
johnboy, you will still have the chance to ski once the baby comes along. Not quite with s much freedom perhaps, but like rossco,says
Quote:

If there's a will there's a way as they say!!!
latest report
The smoking thing is interesting, it was only a couple of years ago when we had to put up with it here still, yet it seemed strange when we were in Austria that people were smoking in bars and restaurants. I don't think I used to notice it as much, but on the first day we were in a quiet bar and one of the guys talking to us (not with us) was smoking - my jacket stunk for the rest of the week!

Good luck with the baby.
latest report
johnboy, I've not skiied either this season despite living 2 miles from Snowworld. I too am pregnant but I have always (loudly) proclaimed that I wouldn't let it affect my skiing! Ha! Bum all to do with nerves/fear and a whole lot more to do with morning (24/7) sickness - there seemed little point rolling up to a resort only to sit in a hotel room sobbing. rolling eyes

On the days I do feel good I dare not due to the highest concentration of badly skiing numpties seen in Europe (outside Val D'isere wink ) and by the time the crowds diminish I'll be enormous.

Bring on the summer though when I roll up, buy a ticket and roll around in the snow to escape the 30+ degree heat.

Roll on 2011 and good daycare! Very Happy
ski holidays
Having children is normally life changing one way or another. I didn't ski for the first few years after our second child. Kind of regretted it later but at the time it just didn't seem to make sense financially or practically. Skiing then became a different beast - less skiing as a holiday with mates and more of a family experience (which I really enjoy - but in a different way).

I sometimes feel that it would be nice to be able to take or leave a skiing holiday or indeed not to feel in some way compelled to think about skiing once the season comes around but there is something addictive about it which seems both positive and negative in that I do almost feel on occasions that it would be nice to take or leave it but I've only got to see a bit of snow and I'm back yearning for a skiing moment.

I suspect the reason many people spend so much time on here is because skiing, unlike other hobbies is quite hard to factor into ones life, unless you live in the mountains. So for most of us there's a lot of time spent not skiing/doing the thing we'd like to do. Hence time spent on the internet looking at webcams or planning trips.

If I was into 4x4 driving I think I'd just be driving and not typing about my hobby (addiction) interest what ever.

Johnboy,its good to put skiing in perspective. i think family is way more important and you'll no doubt enjoy it again if you want to at some point in the future.
ski holidays
ye gods... If only 'not bothered to post this year' was the title of this thread
latest report
Well, I've gone one step further to regaining my enjoyment. Two lessons with my favourite ski instructor, and a girly day out on the slopes of Serre Chevalier.
snow report
Quote:

its good to put skiing in perspective.

I do - it's a way of life!

32 days on snow since October and it's still not enough! Just as well I'm adding another 7 days over the next week in Fernie, Canada Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnboy, - have you considered therapy? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
johnboy, I (we) have had my most enjoyable skiing since I started taking my young uns 3 years ago. True, we can’t do all the crazy stuff we used to do, and we now go to ‘family’ resorts rather than ‘macho’ resorts, and we tend to read a book in the evening rather than dance on the tables, but there is something special about watching your children having the time of their lives on the snow, and being just as addicted to it as Mrs ringingmaster and I are. Long may it continue
snow report
johnboy, what a strange post. If you don't want to go skiing then don't go. Simples.

I can't be bothered to run a marathon - do you know of any marathon runner chat rooms I could subscribe to so I can let them know? Puzzled
snow report
Tiger2, some of us who know Johnboy perhaps know why he has posted. It is not usual for him to feel like this. He is normally a very enthusastic skier, and can't wait to hit the slopes. He is obviously worried!!!
ski holidays
Tiger2 wrote:
I can't be bothered to run a marathon - do you know of any marathon runner chat rooms I could subscribe to so I can let them know? Puzzled

Not if you're a nobody in that chat room.
snow conditions
johnboy, the best day skiing I have ever had was the first day I sat on a green run chairlift with Mrs GF and Fridglets 1 (6) and 2 (4). The very first time we had all skied together. I still grin like a Cheshire cat when I think about it

Enjoy the wee one when they arrive and look forward to seeing them learn. Fridgelet 1 who is now 9 scares the pants of me and knackers his old fat dad out very quickly. I don't do wild apres anymore but I have found out I quite like skiing without a hangover
latest report
johnboy, you've secretly booked yourself on the eosb and are just letting the missus think you're not bovvered!! Evil or Very Mad Toofy Grin
snow conditions
johnboy, congrats to you and the good lady on the news. Skiing will be here for you in the future but as you say, other things to concentrate on at the moment. You know where to find us wink
ski holidays
johnboy, that's OK to feel like that, wait till little jb stands on it's feet ! you will not be able to wait to go skiing again wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy