Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ANOTHER Ski advice question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm a 4th week skier (heading into my 5th) and I thought it would be nice to stop hiring and get my own ski's. I'm obviously on the piste 95% of the time, although I'd like to head off the side and into the park a bit with the kids. I guess I want something that will allow me to progress over the next four or five weeks skiing.

Im 6ft 2 and 14 1/2 stone so I guess that needs to be taken into account....

Any ideas?

I like the idea of the Watea's but are they too advanced for me?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Markoncarp, Do you expect to be gradually skiing more off piste over the next 4-5 weeks? More park? or will your skiing remain 95% piste?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 10-02-10 21:24; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Markoncarp, do you live anywhere near a Snowdome? If so, get down there & try a few skis out... The Xscapes have Ellis Brigham shops which let you test skis for free, Hemel & Chill Factore have Snow & Rock shops which (I think) charge for testing (but it's still probably worth it!). Thing is, we can all recommend skis we like (and we will!) but it really comes down to personal preference.

FWIW, my OH found the Wateas lifeless, & I felt exactly the same about the Koas - others on here rave about them, though! I'd suggest that you try a pair of K2 Apache Recons - nice all-round ski. Or perhaps the Rossignol SC80s. And don't go too short... Toofy Grin Just my opinion, though snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think I may pop down to the MK Xscape place the week after next (half term next week - which Im sure will be hell! I need to get fitted for some boots first (which looks like a trip out next week)

Do they really have that many ski's to try out?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pink ones Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i would go with the above advice try a few out at a snowdome near you , my nearest one is 20 minutes drive away but they have testing days for people like you who want to buy their own ski's but not sure do you have an idea how long you want them ? when i use adult ski's i use 152's alot and im 5 foot 4 but thats just personal prefrence
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markoncarp, they do have quite a lot of test skis - big-name brands, mainly (although not Rossi this year, it would appear) but you should find something to suit you... And I've always found the staff in MK to be enthusiastic & helpful Very Happy

Boots-wise, if you're within striking distance of MK, then you can't be too far from Bicester... you are going to see CEM, aren't you?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
harriet, you don't need a testing day (although they are fun, & it's easier & quicker to test lots of different skis there) - you can just go into the shop & ask to try stuff at any time.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a pair of Salomon X wing Tornado's Titaniums http://www.o2gearshop.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=6780&image=1&cPath=2&osCsid=38b2e5c10f6051e85474a9a3f66281c3 I love them, they are a all mountain with a piste biased.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy