Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

summer ski glaciers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I suppose its been done before,but can I start a thread as to the best european summer skiing glaciers?
Reference to where to stay and best time of year would be great.
I have been to Hintertux,Dachstein and Kaprun so far,this years choce awaits....... Very Happy
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like Zermatt - biggest glacier area in Europe and a very nice town.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zermatt is a big glacier, but perhaps a little flat. Agree that the town is lovely.

Tignes is decent enough and quite varied - though not as extensive as Hintertux. A big plus is that funicular access takes only about 7 minutes from Tignes Val Claret.

A generalisation on conditions would be as follows:

May & June - excellent, can have powder and winter-like snow.
July - usually fairly decent - soft snow but extensive cover.
August - glacier usually more bare as each week passes, week with crevasses appearing and pistes running like rivers by mid morning. Skiing still good fun but open area more limited. Still great fun to ski with temperatures as high as 30C in the village!
September - Glacier usually closed for most of the month for lift maintenance - but cooling down with the first snowfalls of autumn.
October - ditto September but perhaps with winter cover/conditions by the end of the month.

PM me if any interest in a Val Claret 4 person apartment at bargain out of season rates (any duration)!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Like Les Deux Alpes personally. It's pretty flat but pretty big. Allegedly the biggest skiable glacier in Europe see www.summerski.co.uk. Best to go in June or July as snow in August can be quite soft earlier on during the day and it does not look as appealing. Tignes would be my second choice.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stryn?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We're offering a great "ski and board camp style" Adrenaline Package at Les Melezes through the summer in tignes from £99 which includes glacier skiing amongst other activities (as well as geneva transfers and catered accommodation). Great way to try out glacier skiing, unbeatable price!! www.summeractivityholidays.com/adrenalinPackage.php
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy