Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Beat

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from our holiday in La Rosier with Ski Beat. Before going I did see the thread about Ski beat and was a little worried to be honest.

However I shouldn't have worried at all, we found Ski Beat to be excellent, one of the best tour ops we've ever travelled with! We had some issues on the plane trying to get off the ground due to fog at Chambery, then a passenger had a suspected heart attack on the runway ( i kid you not ) so we were sat on the tarmac for about 3 hours.....

Anyway upon arriving at Chambery we were greeted by a ski beat rep and found they had arranged for us to travel to resort on a different bus which was heading to la tania (on account of the delay) but they had organised a special mini bus to intercept about half way and get us to resort asap (saving us about 45 mins) - well organised.

When we got to our chalet we were greeted by our chalet hosts Rob and Bianca who were excellent and shown around the chalet which was top notch. The food was great, they had an excellent creche for our little one (he loved it there). All the staff were excellent, the skiing was excellent even the weather was great. All in all we had an excellent holiday and can't wait to go back, would certainly go with ski beat again.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've had two excellent trips to Meribel with Ski Beat. That doesn't detract from the shocking treatment that Pandora received from the 'Shouting Reps'. rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've also had two excellent trips with Ski Beat, one in La Rosiere in December just gone and more recently in Les Arcs in January (which I think was actually the week after the weather related problems referred to in the other post).

Both trips were excellent and chalet hosts and food great (i'm still dieting now!). I didn't encounter any shouty people at all. The rep on our bus to Les Arcs was a lady (I think the shouty rep that Pandora described was male) and also I didn't encounter the resort managers in Les Arcs so I can't comment.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mollerski wrote:
I've had two excellent trips to Meribel with Ski Beat. That doesn't detract from the shocking treatment that Pandora received from the 'Shouting Reps'. rolling eyes

Quite agree.
For anyone wondering what this refers to the full 20 pages can be found here although we are still waiting for the conclusion....
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=60313
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mollerski> Yes I agree totally.

Guess my point is that I was pleased with the way they dealt with our travel delay and we had a fab holiday. It's a shame that a bad apple or two can seriously damage a companies reputation, obviously a company in this position should deal with problem staff as swiftly as possible.

If I hadn't already have booked I'd have been put off by the comments I saw on this forum as I wouldn't have wanted to take the chance. As it turned out all the dealings I had with this company were very satisfactory and I'm very glad I chose ski beat in this case.

Had I been in the position Pandora had been in i'd definitley not be saying nice things about the company but I think it's good to add praise where due.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I guess that Ski Beat have been given a rough ride because of the 'shouting rep'. It is a shame that their reputation could be affected by one incident. We travelled only once with Ski Beat, not because of any negatives, we just usually do DIY trips. Our experience was great, the childcare was particularly good and our little one had a fantastic time.

We had delays, but they were handled well. Our hosts and reps were all very good and kept us informed of delays etc.

I am just glad our problems were simple and did not detract from the holiday (especially with very young kids).

I suppose these forums and the way information can be so easily shared is a lesson to all TO's re:customer service.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I suppose any bad experience with one company will put you off. For example, we've never used Total Ski again having had a nightmare week in Les Arcs which resulted in the chef/host being sacked by day 4 for lack of food, edible or otherwise, and for renting out the kitchen to his friends during the day and the sofas at night for them to kip for a few hours whilst we were all in bed Shocked

But last year we had a superb holiday in Meribel with Ski Beat. Chalet Daurel comes highly recommended for comfort and being looked after by hosts who are actually a couple and cooked great food, kept a spotless chalet and cheerfully guided us around in the mornings. The two attic rooms at the top were huge and the en-suites big too.

I was sorry to hear about the Ski Beat experience but then a couple of years ago, that would have been me writing to Total about their abysmal chalet. At least we got a refund!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

then a passenger had a suspected heart attack on the runway

Probably because the plane appeared to have left him behind!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing wrote:
For anyone wondering what this refers to the full 20 pages can be found here although we are still waiting for the conclusion....
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=60313

Yep - so are we. Not a dicky-bird from Ski Beat although on chasing it up we were told a reply is imminent.....that was a week ago! Will keep you posted.

Glad to hear your trip went well The_Mac_Daddy & reassuring to hear that they have improved their comms over in France - well done Ski Beat Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy