Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When will the prices drop?...

Poster: A snowHead
I am still looking for a deal for the end of February (Saturday 27th / Sunday 28th) for a week with Childcare!

Looking at all the major TO websites, they still have a significant number of vacancies for this week (only 2 weeks away), but do not appear to be discounting the holidays as yet.

When are they likely to bite the bullet and have a 'fire sale'? Or, will they just let the rooms / holidays go unsold?

As I have stated before, France, Austria, Italy or Switzerland will be fine. But, need the Creche facilities for our baby!

Am I being unreasonable in trying to get a holiday with lift passes, childcare, flights and accomodation for under £1400?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CarlT, per head, no. But if you mean for all three of you, then probably.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Am I being unreasonable

Not unreasonable. Optimistic, maybe? Where are you hoping to go? If it's France, be aware it's paris holiday week - super busy. Somewhere other than France would probably be preferable. Good luck.

It's generally not before the previous week that you'll get big reductions; war of nerves..... wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard wrote:
CarlT, per head, no. But if you mean for all three of you, then probably.

I am thinking all 3!

£400 on lift passes, so £1000 for the rest ! Happy to drive, if I can get a strong deal without transport!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:

Where are you hoping to go? If it's France, be aware it's paris holiday week - super busy. Somewhere other than France would probably be preferable. Good luck.

It's generally not before the previous week that you'll get big reductions; war of nerves..... wink

I appreciate that it is Parisien holidays, but the rooms are still available in the French resorts!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CarlT, You've must be packing a large pair of kahoonas to leave it so late when you have such a small travel window-especially a weekend. Good luck to ye Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

the rooms are still available in the French resorts!

yes, well, there will be some rooms with British TOs but it's still not an ideal time to ski in France (which is why I am in Emsworth). But if you don't mind the crowds, and can't ski out of peak times, and don't want to go to another country.......

When we got a good last minute deal it was booked 36 hours before departure. Catered chalet only (with LeSki, very nice piste-side chalet in Courchevel 1650), and we drove.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w,

We are happy to go to other countries (not the US and not Andorra though). We have skied in February in the 3 Valleys for the past 6 years and I don't find the queues an issue - just have to plan our routes accordingly! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CarlT, that's the trouble with playing the waiting game - you never know when to jump.

However, be aware that the TO don't always show the discount on the website. The price you see on the site is therefore not the brochure price so, in effect, you are getting a discount over brochure price even though by searching on "Biggest Discount" the package appears undiscounted. (Hey, I know what I mean - just because I can't explain it very well Embarassed ).

At the end of the day you have to go with what you think is a reasonable price to pay. It should be pretty easy to get something within your budget. I would have thought the childcare bit was the most difficult.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just had a quick look, Directski is coming up with stuff from 279pppn, what that actually works out at is anybodies guess.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
try travelzoo plenty of deals at the moment
if only i had the time
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SkiBeat are doing a brilliant deal at the end of this week (1000 hrs 11 Feb-1000 hrs 12 Feb) - a 24 hour sale for all holidays to La Rosiere before and including 20 March: see here: http://www.skibeat.co.uk/ski-beat-news-article.asp?id=56. Down to £399 per person and they have childcare.

They did get a bit of a bashing on here a few weeks ago due to the mess caused by the horrendous weather at the various ski airports, but don't let that put you off. We had a great holiday with them a couple of years back in Peisey.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm not sure many will be dropping their prices. Capacity amongst UK TOs seems much lower this year.

CaurnieBred, Plus £20pp late booking fee and no child discounts rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CarlT, if chalets are your thing try Alpineanswers.co.uk - they seem to work as an aggregator, we booked a deal with themin january 10 days before going and were very happy. I had a quick look: they've got 209 chalets available for that week wiht childcare...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
> When are they likely to bite the bullet and have a 'fire sale'?

They will only firesale their own seasonally contracted accomodation: club hotels and chalets. Hotels space they will just give back to the hotelier within a certain notice period - usually 10 to 14 days. I assume you are looking at this kind of accomodation.

My feeling is that resorts I've visited are very busy this year, much more so than last year, although I can't say how the UK market is going. The snow conditions are very good and this is causing a lot of bookings. I suspect they have some kind of reporting in place to see how last minute sales are going and won't discount until they have to. If they have say 10 rooms left for the end of feb and are letting 1 / day there would be no need to discount until the very last minute.
latest report
Thanks all.

I will carry on looking and keep an eye on the Ski Beat site!
snow report
CarlT wrote:

Am I being unreasonable in trying to get a holiday with lift passes, childcare, flights and accomodation for under £1400?

You are being very optimistic IMO, at that time of year.

Even in January, which is much more low season, I think I am doing well to get flights (inc. ski carriage), transfers, half board accom & lift passes for £600 for one person. I would be surprised (but pleased) to be able to get it for under £700 leaving last weekend in February. While the child would not be full price, the childcare would bring it back up a bit.
snow report
I bottled it today and decided to bite the bullet and book our holiday.

Got a very good deal from Esprit for a week in La Rosiere with flights from our local(ish) airport Very Happy

Happy days - bring on the 28th Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy