Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heathrow parking?

Poster: A snowHead
Can anybody recommend anywhere for long term (6days) parking at Heatrow?
I've done the search and come up with loads of results but would rather go by recommendation.

Has anyone used the "Meet and greet" type ones that collect your car from you at the airport and bring it back to you?
I've seen some reports about dodgy ones but are they all like that. Would be more convienient.

adrian
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
agt, Hi, I have used APH "Meet and Greet" at both Heathrow and Gatwick with no probs at all.

Bikergirl Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maybe park in the nearest one to the terminal you are flying from, especially if you are flying BA
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
agt, I use Meteor Meet and Greet and they are always very nice folk & on time. Don't seem to hoon it off in the car either ... although maybe they wait until they are around the corner to floor it. All Meet and Greet takes a lot of hassle out of the airport bit of any trip.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've not parked at Heathrow (we live near enough to get a lift, thankfully), but we have used BCP car parks at Gatwick before now for long-stay. I found the service to be pretty good - all very easy to sort out, no faffing at the car park, etc.

We didn't use the meet and greet, but they do offer it, so may be worth a look - their prices were pretty competitive IIRC.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have absolutely no idea why, but my dad always swore by Pink Elephant Parking at Heathrow. Probably means they are cheap and he never had a bad experience with them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've used the main on-airport BAA Long Stay at T5, on the supersaver rate, and that was all fairly quick seemless.
http://www.heathrowairport.com/

When I looked, the 40 or 50 quid extra it was for the valet parking just didn't seem worth it as it was easy pulling up, parking the car myself, and jumping on the courtesey bus which took all of 5 mins. But it depends on how much crap you have to cart about and your view on lugging it on/off a bus as to whether it's worth it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Holiday extras secret hotel deal got me and the 3 kids a hotel room the night before, full breakfast on departure day and a weeks parking at the Park Inn for £90.
Free transfers to all the terminals on the local bus service from the stop just across the perimiter road.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
agt, I always use Purple Parking meet and greet at LHR and have found them excellent. Once they did scratch a bumper and it got sorted quickly and painlessly.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Meteor gave us an excellent price and were very efficient at drop off and pick up.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Has anybody dealt with PurpleParking? They were recommended by several people on another forum and came up at under £50 in my 'net searches and only £10 dearer with meet+greet.

It's an evening flight so the hotel option isn't any use.

adrian
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Opps, must type faster! wink

adrian
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
agt, Be careful what you book. I think Purple Parking now offer three services - Drop your car off at their off airport facility and minibus there and back, Drop your car off and minibus there but meet & greet on way back, and full meet and greet there and back.

Once you are in Purple Parking's system you will get frequent discount offers, and when I use LGW I usually park off airport with APH (which I would otherwise drive past) but get a discount booking via Purple Parking.

For Heathrow on airport I have used Pink Elephant, but before/after a transatlantic flight Meet & Greet is really worth it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

but before/after a transatlantic flight Meet & Greet is really worth it

IMHO meet and greet is ALWAYS worth it at Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted (but not at Luton, Birmingham, Bristol, Southampton, Cardiff etc where the medium/long stay car parks are within walking distance of the terminal)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not Heathrow but at Gatwick next week I am only paying £36 for meet and greet (Ace who have had good feedback on here) which is hardly any more than on or off site parking.
latest report
I've used Purple for the drop off at their site, and the meet at LHR on return. It worked seamlessly.

I will use them again next time I fly from LHR.
snow report
I've used Purple Parking too - dropped car off at their site and on return they brought car to me at Heathrow. Fine, but bear in mind that their site is a little way away especially from Term 5 for BA and, for instance on a Friday eve with lots of traffic on the M4, it took quite a long time to get to their site and thence to Term 5
latest report
squawker wrote:
I have absolutely no idea why, but my dad always swore by Pink Elephant Parking at Heathrow. Probably means they are cheap and he never had a bad experience with them.

Not sure about Heathrow but used Pink Elephant many times at Stansted and no problems with them at all. Cheap, secure and 15 minutes-ish transfer.

Looking for a Heathrow parking option at the moment. Pink Elephant is coming up with various options not run by them, but cheapest is "Quality Airport Parking", which claims to be half a mile away and secure parking, and boast about some award (yeah right). Anyone used them?

Trying to judge between parking or taxi really as a taxi is about £40 each way for me, vs. parking at around £80 to £100 (for 2 weeks). Taxis always end up hassle as they never send a car big enough for ski gear.
latest report
deadkenny, if you are in Woking can you not get the bus that goes from Woking station to the airport. Well it used to go, I don't actually know if that service still operates but we used to use it in the past. Always worked well.
snow conditions
Yeah, there is that option. Just I have to drag my skis etc to the station. Could get a taxi to the station and then the bus which I guess would be cheaper than a taxi to Heathrow or parking (though got potentially several sharing the cost). I've not really looked into the price of the bus.
snow report
deadkenny,

National Express coaches run from Heathrow to Woking station, for trains to Aldershot, Winchester, Salisbury, Portsmouth, Southampton and Bournemouth.

Frequency: Up to every 30 minutes.
Journey time: Approximately 50 minutes.
Fare: Single £9, day return £12, return £18.
snow report
agt, Have used Meteor meet and greet a couple of times, very good, there is a discount code SKIS10.
latest report
we used Meteor last week and can't fault them, and so much easier then parking.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy