Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting around Portes du Soleil

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Les Gets again on Thursday.

Without wishing to raise Ise's ire, we would like to spend a couple of days (gently) exploring the further parts of this ski area. We can find our way to Avoriaz and Les Lindarets easily but then get lost/confused despite directions from locals and the so-called ability to read maps.

So, can anyone give precise instructions on the trip as we would like to ski over to Super Chatel / Chamoussin?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
follow the signs? Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ise, Well I suppose I asked for that,

...trouble seems to be that the signs are particularly well hidden around Les Lindarets ... took me a week to work out the 'real' way to Morzine...., and the good lady is rather challenged when it comes to directions Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Newbie50, I have always found it fairly straightforward to get from Avoriaz to Super Chatel if you go clockwise (via Les Lindarets rather than via the Swiss Wall,etc). Remember that you will have to catch a bus to get to Super Chatel. Perhaps you could use the Tour Operator Ski Guide / Rep or failing that hire a Ski instructor. If your TO does not provide a guiding service it may be possible to bribe the Rep to show you the way (AND THE WAY BACK). Beware - Chatel is a long way from Les Gets by road, a taxi would cost a furtune. Sorry that I cannot give you exact directions but I last skied there 12 years ago.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
John Scott, Thanks. We will be travelling independently so reps/TO guides etc. will not be available. Didn't want to hire an instructor as we would expect to the whole thing in a very leisurely multi-coffee kind of way. I'm glad it's easy we'll just have to try again and ask the Mileage Monkeys for directions around Les Lindarets. We knew that by road Chatel was some distance and wanted to avoid that --- but didn't appreciate that you need to get a bus to access Super Chatel.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Newbie50 wrote:
but didn't appreciate that you need to get a bus to access Super Chatel.

The reality of links PdS style... I rest my case Happy

From pointe de Mossette you can ski down to Morgins with no lifts, stroll or short bus (another classic PdS "link") across the village to the other lift and drop into Super-Chatel. Reversing that would be a major pain though, taking the bus back to Villapeyron and then to ski Linga etc would be the return.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ise, I walked straight into that one didn't I.

Thanks for the tips though , not wahat I wanted to hear about the return trip but we'll see what it's like !
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Perhaps consider taking a guide/instructor for a slow day tour
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sorry typed my reply three hours ago and only just posted duh.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You don't have to get the bus to get to Super Chatel.

If you come down from the top of Linga, and keep right, you end up on a snowy track through the trees, which eventually becomes a small road, which comes out at the lake at Vonnes, top end of Chatel: it's then a 10-15 minute walk *down* hill to the centre of Chatel to catch the bubble up to Super Chatel.

I also wouldn't start from Les Gets. Toofy Grin Instead, drive to Ardent and catch the bubble up to Les Lindarets, then turn left towards Chatel. That way, you not only save the 1.5 to 2 hours it would take to ski over, at the end of the day it's only one lift from Les Croset (in Switzerland) up to the top of Pointe to Mossette from where it a *looong* run all the way back to Ardent - this minimising the risk of getting stuck at the end of the day.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy