Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good resorts with creches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are looking for a resort for next year which is great for intermdiates and caters for young children (under3). We went to La Rosiere with Thompson this year which had great creche but the skiing was a bit limited and it was very exposed to the elements (wind). Our other kids are 6-8 and need a good ski school.
Any suggestions in Europe that does not require a second mortgage would be welcome
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check out Plan Peisey in Les Arcs. A friend of mine just back from there had a great time with children similar ages to yours well catered for. They went with Ski Esprit who are very good for families I believe.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Matthew Way, Ski Esprit excellent: try Chalet Mont Blanc in Montchavin (edge of La Plagne).
Le Plagne excellent in general for kids. Best system we've found is go with a number of other families with kids, and self cater. Share out the child care for the infants (sort of rota), elder kids will love skiing with other kids and largely entertain themselves, and you will have a great time without breaking the bank. Look at Montagnette or Les Balcons in Belle Plagne.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try Passo Tonale, Italy - we just got back and our son (aged 4 in February)was skiing within 6 hrs, unaided! There were other children even younger than Ben, one boy was just 2 and his mum and dad had him in the ski school - the instructors were totally happy to have him there. The transfer time was 2 hrs and a bit....... quite acceptable for toddlers. We stayed at Hotel Paradiso, which had an excellent creche/nanny service, 9-1 and 4-8, with a baby disco from 9-10pm while we had a drink. Also, bonus - a swimming pool for late afternoon relaxing...... The kids had the full run of the hotel and everyone was very welcoming of the little ones. Ben knew everyone within a couple of hours! The ski school catered for the babies, the older children were up on the reds and even I managed to get my confidence up to the point where my hubby was shocked at my speed. I was skiing the reds quite happily, cos i could get to a blue just by nipping across piste if I lost my courage, which fortunately I never did. In fact, I was eyeing up the nearby black after 3 days but he decided it was just that little bit too steep for me..... maybe next yr!!!! snowHead We only paid £1800 for the 3 of us, including half board, ski passes, gatwick parking, ski hire (we have our own boots) and skischool for Ben (£75 for the week!!!).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Rosiere is linked to Italian Thulie which has longer runs and more piste. The No. 7 San Bernado is 11km long but it is red, although the piste flattens out after Flourclaz chair lift. The No. 26 Liason linking France to Italy is a gentle blue of 6.2 km. Top of Thulie is windy as complained. La Rosiere bottom is good for learning and but the rest is good for intermediate cruising. La THulie also has much more snow and in better condition too. We were skiing in water from La Rosiere to the bottom of the chairlift at 1176 level

Before one can reach the Trois Valleys there is a medium size resort called Valmorel. It has the most green slopes I have met in the French resorts and some parts of it are good for children. There are a lot of drag lifts there though and some spots on a few green slopes are not easy too. However the resort stretches all the way to St. Francis Longchamp and make an excellent run on blue slopes. Not much challenging red or black there.

For intermediate cruising Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz of the French side of the Porte de Soleil are good with consistent gentle slopes (especially Avoriaz) and not as crowded as the Grand Massif area (Flaine/La Caroz/Morillon).

Swiss and Austrian resorts can be difficult for children and beginners. They can be expensive too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fruity, but did he leave his blanket behind?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fruity, great to hear you had a good - nay - fantastic time (coz I remember you were rather worried about Ben before you went). The Italians manage children better than anywhere I know. It was lovely in Courmayeur to see so many empty prams/pushchairs outside lively bars until quite late: children are always included and welcomed.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LOL Helen, yes the beloved blanket was left on the bed and NEVER left the room!!!! The attitude to the children was wonderful. Everyone, young and old seemed to love children and always had something to say or gesture to our son.

And, we have a budding romance. Little Lisa, aged 3 is now the love of his life. They were totally inseperable and he has even asked for her photo on his wall....................she is German, blonde and big blue eyes. Adorable. Even I, the jealous mummy (he says she is prettier than me) quite took to her. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy