Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grindelwald, Hotel Spinne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just about to book this for new years, wondered if anyone had been there / had an opinion.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not been to teh Hotel, but if it's teh one I think it is then you are not far from the First Gondola station which is good, the area is great but I prefer Wengen as it doesn't have the road through it
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have just returned on Saturday from Grindelwald staying at the Spinne. Its a nice hotel and can certainly recommend it. Food is good, nice rooms (we had a huge deep bath which was a bonus) and the attached Expresso bar is probably the main apres ski bar in the town and there is a nightclub also attached to the hotel. Five minute walk to the First gondola and the ski bus stops outside the hotel is you are going to Kl Scheidegg or Mannlichen. 45 mins from getting on the ski bus at 9am to top of Mannlichen gondola (museum piece of a 4 cabin job), with no queue for lift.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Excellent. I'll be booking this. A good spa area too I hear.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't comment on the spar area, I never made it that far!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Spinne is a nice slightly older hotel on the main street of Grindelwald, about 7 mins walk to First Gondola station and the ski buses stop just outside,to get to the Train Station for the train to Kleine Scheidegg or to Makklicken.
The hotel went a bit downhill a few years ago, but is under new management for the last 2 years or so and is now well run and friendly. They have an excellent pizza menu in the front restaurant and we eat there 2 nights during our week in Grindelwald in January.
Only downside in Grindelwald is the Grindelwald Ski School, this used to be excellent, but this year they had hardly any clients, and we had 4 good intermediates in a group of 6 with 2 dutch snow-ploughers. I wouldnt use them again. Next visit we are going to use the ski school at Klleine Scheidegg which is highly recommended by 2 of our friends who used them in January.
Enjoy Grindelwald, its really a nice resort
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Dan, sounds nice Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy