Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marmot clothing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So i've been looking around in the sales that are cropping up for a new jacket for my next trip to the Alps and for next year. I have seen a few marmot 3 layer goretex jackets for good prices that look nice. Has anyone had any experience with their kit?

Hugh
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
generally think Marmot stuff is pretty good but maybe the clothing isn't quite as cutting edge as the absolute best mfrs

really like their gloves and pack
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As Arno has said they may not be quite as cutting edge as other manufacturers. However their quality is as good as any other manufacturer & in the climbing/mountaineering world at least they have a nigh on immaculate reputation.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
what do you mean when you say cutting edge? Manufacturing/designs etc?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got Marmot salopettes and they're great. Warm, comfortable, well made and good looking.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Am i right in presuming either the Spire or Alpanist jackets? personally think they are more mountaineering jackets then ski.

I'm 6"4 and XL is massive, the sleeves are very long, and the cuffs aren't that tight oe have much adjustment. The collasr are very high, up to nose height which is okay for walking into the wind or sitting on a windy lift but not that great for anything else. not many pockets or extras and a small powder skirt that doesn't look much cop and the main pockets are the usual long and thin jobs that seem fashionable at the mo, but don't really hold anything..

seen some around for 100 quid, which is a bargin for a good 3l goretex jacket, but certainly worth trying on on first.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Marmot have a snowsports line of jackets http://marmot.com/fall_2009/mens/outerwear/snowsports none of which seem to be on sale in the UK. I've decided to wait until i'm in the US in summer before buying one from that range rather than making the compromise of buying one of their mountaineering jackets.

If you can't wait, then cotswoldoutdoor.com have the spire jacket for £100 and rawoutdoors.co.uk have the Torre jacket for about £200 (reduced from £340).

Bargains to be had, but i want to wait and get the right jacket.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have Marmot Alpinist, which is a snowsport specific GT3L jacket (powder skirt etc) and it's never let me down even in the dirtiest conditions. Fit is tailored to be practical rather than fashionable - but I'm told it looks good(!) and it has a super comfortable range of movement - slim fitting but room for layers and long-ish, certainly more so than Arc'teryx for example.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Marmot is a Canadian brand isn't it? So they should be used to the cold - best salopettes I ever had came out of a factory in Montreal... But back to the question, I have a pair of Marmot gloves which have done me 16 weeks skiing before going on the thumb seam - still OK down to about minus 5.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alexandra, Californian i believe.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy