Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I love skiing, but...."skiiers are arogant"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It was quite interesting to note that in the opening ceremony in the olympics everything was said in French first, then English second. I'm pretty sure BC isn't one of the French speaking states either? Just a little confused by it!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clarky999, I imagine that wound up not a few in BC. Quebec is the only province with a French-speaking majority AFAIK.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard wrote:
Hurtle

Flamands frequently speak not a word of anything other than Flemish, which I find a bit odd considering they live in a bilingual country.

This is actually not true. Most people in Flanders are proficient in two or more languages and will be first and foremost out to accomodate a non native Dutch speaker by speaking his own language. We would never assume that somebody speaks our language. I for example can get by in English, French and some German and I am certainly not an exception. The Flemish are very versatile.

Part of the Flemish community however feels strongly about speaking Dutch in Brussels as our capital is supposed to be bilingual. The French speaking community however is in the majority. Even though you are legally entitled to be speaken to in Dutch most French speaking people flat out refuse it. It is the French speaking who usually only know how to speak their mother tongue and it is often (though not always I have to admit) expected for the Flemish to adjust (since we are usually multilingual). This is the reason why some people refuse to talk anything but Dutch in Brussels. These same people however are quite happy to talk French in France or even in the French speaking part of Belgium.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Troggers, welcome to snowHeads / Welkom in snowHeads (?)

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
laundryman wrote:
Troggers, welcome to snowHeads!

Thanks, long time lurker, first time poster. Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dr John wrote:
... You reap what you sew ....
A darned useful saying, that wink Toofy Grin

Troggers wrote:
Lizzard wrote:
Hurtle

Flamands frequently speak not a word of anything other than Flemish.....

This is actually not true.

Are you suggesting Lizzard was mistaken?? That could be a first wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For all those who think the French Cafe owners are rude, flick through to about 5 mins 55 in this

http://youtube.com/v/Xtvm6xZSGCo

Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy