Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Research suggests helmets do reduce chance of head injury

Poster: A snowHead
A new analysis of twelve studies has concluded that wearing a helmet reduces the risk of head injuries in skiers and snowboarders by about 35 per cent. It also found that there was no basis to the concern that children wearing a helmet might be more vulnerable to hurting their necks....The analysis was published in Monday's edition of the Canadian Medical Association Journal.
Source: http://www.cmaj.ca/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What's this? Helmets protect our heads?! wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NO NO NO this cannot be right Ive been wearing snowchains Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I call BS.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Research must be financed by the manufacturers.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Certainly prevented an injury when my son was showing off and hit my helmet with his pole.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Crusader wrote:
Research must be financed by the manufacturers.

Why? Because you don't like the conclusions? Where's your evidence?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The same team of crack scientists moved on to discover that gloves keep your hands warm and bears sh*t in the woods.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I still say.....don't eat the green snow!

Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scientists have also discovered in case control studies that people in the mountains with skis on their feet suffer more head injuries than people with hiking boots on their feet.

Does this mean we should ban skiing altogether?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bum, yes, ban it, you can't be too careful. In fact ban moving around full stop.

Recently I heard from a friend of mine who has been skiing for 30 years plus without major incident. A few months ago he tripped getting onto an undeground train and cut his leg quite badly. Got fixed up in hospital but caught a super bug and has so far spent nearly two weeks on a ward. He'd have been safer tree skiing naked.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller, Ouch... imagine snagging your knackers on a fork Shocked
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarpa wrote:

glad they havent banned salopetes or Id have decorated a christmas tree with a pair of baubles yesterday Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RPF wrote:
Scarpa wrote:

glad they haven't banned salopetes or Id have decorated a christmas tree with a pair of baubles yesterday Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
double post
snow report
Helmets should be compulsory for fathers in delivery suites. We were waiting outside one this morning, knowing daughter was in theatre, so very anxious. A trolley appeared and on it was the prone body of son in law, being taken down to A & E. A high forceps delivery had proved too much for him, poor lamb. He was back an hour later with big gash in scalp glued, and a skull bandage on - so I got presented with the leaflet on care of head injuries. Now if he'd been wearing his helmet (which was in the back of our car outside the hospital at the time, as we bought it back from France for him..... all would have been well.

Mother and baby are doing fine. The head injury case is enjoying a night's sleep. wink
snow report
pam w, congratulations! snowHead

when snowscreamer was born, I concussed myself by walking into the theatre light at the bottom of the bed. rolling eyes
snow report
Why are we so stupid? Helmets are important.
you don't need some silly-ass to tell you they reduce injuries.
If you don't want to wear one don't - more fool you.
Recently I've heard/had a couple of friends who had bad accidents skiing - one friend of a friend died.
We feel we're invinicible and part of being a good skier is being confident to tackle challenging situations - without a helmet this is craaazzzy.

Live long and love life - wear a helmet or live with the bugs. Razz
snow report
pam w, laundryman, missed these two gems until now! Laughing Laughing So, thanks at least for that Powdermania. You'll find, though, that in general this forum is a bit helmeted-out. wink
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
The same team of crack scientists moved on to discover that gloves keep your hands warm and bears sh*t in the woods.

Laughing Nail on helmet hit! Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

one friend of a friend died

Powdermania, out of morbid interest, what was the cause of death?
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Quote:

one friend of a friend died

Powdermania, out of morbid interest, what was the cause of death?

No answer. I suspect because it wasn't a head injury.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy