Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I bought new skis and womens' v unisex skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought Stöckli Rotor 74. They are 159cm in length, sidecut 108-74-121, radius 12.2.
They are very smooth to ski, no chatter, I can cruise with them or pick up as much speed as I am comfortable with and have more fun. They carve well, both large and short turns. they are stable in chopped up snow, work well in bumps and are easy off the piste. For my level, a good allrounder.
I also tried Fischer Heat 76, which were better in the bumps, not so good an edge hold on icy pistes - probably because they needed working harder than I wanted to. They seemed to perform best at a reasonable speed. I tried the Wateas - great but not as good overall as the Stöcklis. I would buy these as a second set for off-piste when I get better at this.
Anyway, I've found the unisex skis heaps better then the womens' skis that I've tried. I did like the Exclusive Legends but the Stöcklis are in a league above them.....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
erica2004, I have a pair of Rotors too. Think they are a really great, if underrated, ski. Enjoy snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,
I'm trying to decide on some skis at the moment. What did you find the main difference between the women's and the unisex was? I've never skied a women's ski, but when I called into Snow and Rock at the weekend, all the skis seemed to be men's or women's, and they only suggested women's ones for me.

I'm a fairly slow and cautious intermediate. Not yet carving, and mainly on piste, but would like to improve. Taller and heavier than most women, with a tendancy to sit back too much when skiing. I was hoping a women's ski might help me with this.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Womens skis tend to be lighter..but then again some pretty heavy ones out there, and I'm a bit of a cynic so for the most I reckon its a marketing ploy, put pink and flowers on it and women will buy being the attitude, same in the cycling.

a good skis a good ski when it come sdown to it..if you want to improve getting private lessons will take you much further then buying skis..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
janeed, my technical knowledge is limited but apparently the bindings are mounted in a different position for women's skis. Of all the skis I have tested/hired I've generally preferred the women's skis more, with the exception of the K2 women's skis, they really weren't for me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy