Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski buddies for week starting Feb 7 or Feb 13/14?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I've just found myself with three weeks of free time starting this weekend, due to moving between jobs. I've already got a big trip planned to St Anton with my mates for the final week but I figured I could squash another week in beforehand.

Is anyone out there looking to get a group together or short someone for their own group? I'm 28/m and I've done 5/6 weeks of ski and 2 of board and will probably be boarding this time. I get around fairly well despite my lack of experience! I'm hoping to take some fairly intense lessons and get some decent practice in but up for a bit of fun at the same time.

I'm easy on destination if it's the coming week but if it's the following week then it would ideally need to be in Austria/Switzerland so I can make my way to Anton without too much hassle.

All suggestions welcome!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HI Im looking for a last minute holiday starting 7th feb (could do following week but it is half term). Am planning to have some boarding lesson but am a beginner. Id be interested in going iwith a group if other people are interested im 26/fm. Im not bother re: location as long as its fairly central to a ski school. let me know if your interested.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jemstones wrote:
HI Im looking for a last minute holiday starting 7th feb (could do following week but it is half term). Am planning to have some boarding lesson but am a beginner. Id be interested in going iwith a group if other people are interested im 26/fm. Im not bother re: location as long as its fairly central to a ski school. let me know if your interested.

Hi, just want to ask is it the only 2 weeks you can go?
Coz Im looking for some buddies for boarding lesson as well.
However, Im only available from end of Feb

Between, have you found any good "learn to board" deals?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jemstones wrote:

Hi, that sounds good to me, the week starting the 7th would probably suit me best anyway. If we can get a few more together for a group I'd be happy to put some ideas out there and get a plan in place. Any more takers?

I'm fairly inexperienced myself so I don't have a problem going with beginners (some would say I am one!) and we'd definitely make sure it's close to ski school etc. My initial thoughts were to fly to somewhere like Munich/Salzburg and go to an accessible resort with a good ski hostel, e.g. Bad Gastein, but I'm literally open to any suggestions.

Jason - I definitely can only do either of these two coming weeks. Hopefully you can find a group for the last week in Feb though
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HI, sounds like a plan. I was intially looking for last min deals to france les arc/ la plane as snow has been good that way but am easy open to suggestions either way.

seen a couple of good deals in a catered chalet, but im happy to hostel.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A chalet deal could be good too; it would be good for meeting other skiers. There seems to be some decent deals flying from Gatwick on the 7th (based on a quick look on Igluski). I would be flying ex-Dublin but could get a connecting flight if the deal is good.

The only problem with chalets is that they are mainly based on two people sharing. I had been thinking of a hostel as that way people could make their way over however suits them and also wouldn't have to share a room with someone they don't know (although they'd have to share with a roomful of people they don't know!).

Suggest we see if we get any more takers and see what the story is tomorrow evening?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hey couldn't get on internet last night. just to let you know I have booked a chalet in les arcs the wavered the single supliment cost £399 inc flights, fully catered and transfers they still ahve rooms i booked though ski beat or. chaletdirect if your interested still . 01822 617761
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers, I'll have a look at that tomorrow morning. I think they're all Saturday to Saturday packages though, which might not work for me.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
most are but think one of them is a sunday-sunday if that helps?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy