Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knee support

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone suggest where to look for a very strong knee support for skiing - something stronger than you could get in a chemist, perhaps with metal involved? Ideally not on the internet as need to look and try before buying. But the interenet would do if there's nowhere else to look.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowsnail, Not if this is the sort of thing you are looking for but last time I was in Snow and Rock they seemed to have a range on display http://www.snowandrock.com/bioskin-gladiator-dt//ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/592
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow & Rock in London have CTi which I use. Need to be fitted if you buy off the shelf one or can go for custum which takes a few weeks to make.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowsnail, in what way do you need to support your knee?
I have used a support with hinged metal bars down the sides (available from my local pharmacy who is very good and very handsome and modest). I have also strapped beneath the patella when suffering from tendonitis.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm having physio on my knee at the moment, but the prognosis is good. However, because I'll be skiing again before it's fully repaired my physio fella told me to get a brace just to be on the safe side for this trip.

I've just got this which is very comfortable, lightweight and sturdy at the same time.

Haven't used it in anger though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got a nice one free from the consultant after going to see him about a bit of surgery. Actually, the nurse handed me it before I even had a chance to explain the problem so could be standard practice. Its reinforced with metal strips on both sides, hinged at the knee, nice padding and with large velcro straps. Only one problem; its in that very attractive NHS beige. Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I got a nice one free from the consultant after going to see him about a bit of surgery. Actually, the nurse handed me it before I even had a chance to explain the problem so could be standard practice. Its reinforced with metal strips on both sides, hinged at the knee, nice padding and with large velcro straps. Only one problem; its in that very attractive NHS beige. Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowsnail, I use a Townsend Rebel CI - very lightweight but incredibly effective as I learnt yesterday when I was almost thrown out of my boot on a red run. I was initiating a turn in flat light when my ski stuck in a hole or something between the bumps. Strained my quad muscle but luckily did no harm to my knee. I stopped as quickly as I could and tightened up the boot a wee bit as well as doing a quick pat-down check that everything was still OK (due to having had 5 operations on that knee, I have nerve damage in the knee area itself so I cannot always be sure if I have hurt the internal structures)

Townsend braces can be seen at this web site: http://www.townsenddesign.com/Townsend_Design/Rebel.html

If you really need a brace make sure it is a good one and is designed to actually do what you want it to. I only use mine for skiing and paragliding as using it all the time leads to muscle atrophy which is definitely NOT what you want to happen.

Sue wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy