Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedot - The One (180cm)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here is the marketing blurb -

Quote:
The One has been designed as an all-mountain speed machine that carves like a demon. It will ride the deepest powder or roughest of crud. The ample side cut and torsional rigidity rips the walls of the pipe, whilst also allowing you to shred the mountain safe in the knowledge that you are super stable at speed.

With its 175mm long tip and tail, 119/89/113mm dimensions and relatively stiff construction, the One is a truly versatile ski for all terrain and
conditions.

The tail is huge meaning they ski pretty short for a 180. I'll just reflect in line with the above.

For a 'mid-fat'?! they ski very well on groomed runs. Once you get them on edge they just want to ride it out. I found myself catching my inside tip quite a lot first off but adjusted my skiing appropriately to avoid this, they were probably just beating me up for my bad skiing. They weren't so keen to run tight carved turns at high speeds but I don't think that's what they are made for. Much better than the (07/08 175) ARVs here.

Short turns are effortless in soft snow but when it gets particularly hard or scraped (man made snow) they start to scare me a little but remain fairly capable. To be honest, the snow I was skiing wouldn't be handled very well by most skis.

Having such a long tail makes them feel really effortless and balanced in the air. They feel a lot more stable than my old ARVs for some reason, can't put my finger on why.

In the little powder I got I found they didn't float as well as expected with the long tip. The tip would surf in a couple inches of light/dry snow but anything more I was underneath. Due to their soft flex the Armada's have the edge in the pow.

I'll be skiing them more through the season but those are my initial thoughts.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
arv, will you be delaying your name change to "The One" ? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, I need a new name Laughing

Was thinking Frosty the Showman. What do you reckon? Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
with a transition via 'the snowhead formerly know as...'

where are they mounted? hasn't there been some debate about the bet mounting point on these...or am i thinking about some Black crows..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
papasmurf, Black Crows did have a long mounting discussion but I have not seen the same thing for these. Shouldn't have missed out the detail, they are mounted at the 'FR' mark. Don't have the skis to hand to measure.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I managed to get on a pair of White Dot "The One"s last season....review here...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy