Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NOOO!! ANyone any experience with Salomon returns department?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Three weeks before Im off to Morzine for a cheeky few days away and disaster strikes! After a great days skiing at Cairngorms I go to slip off my right boot and as I pull the tongue forward to get my foot out it detaches itself from my liner! Boots are a pair of Salomon Ghosts, bought just over a year ago, and up to know absolutely fantastic boot!

So my boots are off to Salomon to assess them! The shop I bought them from have spoken to the Salomon returns department and so far so good, just wondered has anyone any experience with them? Im a bit worried given that the boots are over a year old, even though they have only been used for two weeks abroad! And if they will fix/replace them, will it be in time for my next trip!!

Anyone able to put me at ease/ warn me of trouble ahead?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like a straight Sale of Goods Act claim against the shop - no matter what Salomon may say - to me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry to resurrect this (not very popular at the start anyway thread) but just wanted to say fair play to Salomon!

2 and a bit weeks after dropping the boots off I head down to the sop to pick them up. Open the box with repaired written in big letters across it and to my shock my boots are not in it. No in fact there is a brand new pair of Ghosts! Not only that, but they are the new improved 2010 season boots! Toofy Grin

People always post about bad customer service but wanted to share the fact that I am a happy punter!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SkiG, Result!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SkiG thanks for coming back and telling us the result. You are right that loads of people want to complain but few praise good, or in your case, outstanding, customer care (although I guess a few do recommend some service providers).

It is easy to appear to provide good service if what you are providing all goes according to plan. It is when things go wrong that the true colour of your service come to the fore. Seems that Salomon stepped up to the plate.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Salomon do seem to be pretty good at replacing 'faulty' goods - I've had my Lord's replaced due to delamination (which seemed to happen to a few people - as per other threads here on snowheads) without any quibbling.
would certainly recommend them on that basis.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SkiG, Out of interest, had you had the boots blown at all?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SkiG, Glad you are happy the guys at the service center tend to be very good when it comes to this sort of thing. Mind you the new boots have a 130 Flex not the original 110 you had
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davelebus, I did actually have the original ones done, bit on the left foot after finding it uncmfortable wearing around the house the night after buying them. Was a bit worried about the new ones, but funny enough the new ones feel absolutely fine.....bit wierd since they should be exactly the same shape!

Fattes13, yeah, not sure how I feel about that, reckon itll take some getting used to it but should suit my skiing!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy