Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel Snowcentre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if anyone can advise: how busy is Hemel snowcentre likely to be on Thursday/Friday mornings?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Avoid Fridays if you can as the slope has jumps and boxes on it ready for Freestyle Evening later in the day. Weekday mornings are obviously much quieter than weekends, although this is the busiest time of year for all the snowdomes so it's moderately busy there on weekday mornings at the moment. It gets busier as the morning goes on, so if you can get there for 9am for an hour or two there are no lift queues and you can get a clear run down the slope most of the time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowshark, hi J! Very Happy Fairly busy at the mo as Rob says, plus (not sure if still the case) there was a mini-freestyle thing Thu pm so some slopestyle furniture around.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that. Looks like Thursday morning then. First slide of the year. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I made the mistake of going on Sunday afternoon this weekend just gone. Truly an error at this time of year. probably skied more in 30 mins after 5pm than the 2 hours before. Just in case you happened to end up going at the weekend... go after 5pm!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What about Tuesday or Wednesday evenings (after 8 or 9pm)? I want to go there next week... Thanks
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tom W wrote:
What about Tuesday or Wednesday evenings (after 8 or 9pm)? I want to go there next week... Thanks

Haven't been there in the evenings for a couple of months, but I think they are a better option than weekends especially later on.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tom W, certainly can be fun late evening as quiet though snow will have been skied on all day
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tom W, After 9pm it's pretty quiet, but the slope now closes at 10.30pm.

slikedges, The Thursday night mini park hasn't been in place recently as it's been so busy. Just Friday night's for freestyle.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowshark, Thursday mornings are best. Wednesday is Ladies Morning, Friday has furniture, Tuesdays are good too.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 3-02-10 0:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowshark, Just a thought but how about Saturday 13 Feb 5pm to 9pm? There'll not be usual crowds of Snowheads (for some reason they are all on transfers that day) and one would expect most families to be heading to the mountains for half term too...... come join our slightly small but perfectly formed group Smile

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59844
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, I haven't managed to get there today. Maybe later in the year when time may allow.

sarep, Thanks for the suggestion of Saturday 13th Feb. Unfortunately, as things stand at the moment, I won't be able to make it.

Kind regards to all those that know me.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman,
Quote:
Thursday mornings are best. Wednesday is Ladies Morning, Friday has furniture, Tuesdays are good too.

I would have thought that would havemade Wednesdays best Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman wrote:
Snowshark, Thursday mornings are best. Wednesday is Ladies Morning, Friday has furniture, Tuesdays are good too.

Another vote for Tuesday morning. I was there 9.30 - 11.30am Tuesday this week (my first ever visit) and, although it was moderately busy by 10.30 there were no queues for either lift.

The snow got chopped up very quickly so I can imagine it's pretty rough if you go late in the day. I was thinking about joining in the Sat 13th evening get-together but I'm not keen on big heaps of loose snow so I don't hink it would do me any good.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy