Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody been to Flachau?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Whats it like?

Good points Bad points

I'm going there at Easter
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just came back after spending a week in Ski Amade. Flachau was one of the resorts I tried.

I stayed in Flachauwinkl which is a few miles from Flachau. I found every resort in Ski Amade pretty consistent in standard and could not single out any one particularly good or bad.

I supposed Schladming/Hay Kaibling/Hochwurzen/Reiteralm (4 linked mountains) is the largest and have more varieties in terrains. It is about 20 miles from Flachau though. Flachau, with mostly red runs, is not small but I found Flachauwinkl/Zauchensee/Kleinarl quite enjoyable and has a mixed terrain. The next door neighbour Wagrain, about 8 miles away, is good for intermediate. From Wagrain one can ski all the way to Alpendorf and this makes a good day trip. The smaller resort Altenmarkt/Radstadt, about 7 miles from Flachau, should form a good day trip too. I checked out this resort but in the end went to ski Filzmoos instead because it is on my way to Dachstein Glacier.

I visited Dachstein Glacier which is on the same ski Amade pass but it is 23 miles away. Dachstein has a Skywalk and a handful of drag lifts. Not a great place to ski but the road to the cable car station is quite scary. Dachstein is more a tourist place and should be viewed as an insurance policy when there is insufficient snow in the rest of Ski Amade.

With the benefit of own car I even drove to Gastein Valley which has some new facilities between Bad Hopgastein and Bad Gastein. Gastin Vallley is 50 miles from Flachau.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I liked it a lot. All the lifts ale very modern and the runs are wide, long and quite steep. I was there at the end of March last year and we had plenty of snow and still quite busy nightlife. However it might be quieter in Easter.
You have to go to Flachauwinkl/Zauchensee. It is only a short bus ride away but the terrain is more varied and extremely good. Zauchensee has normally better snow record so it might help you in April.
Same with the other side of Wagrain, definitely worth on day there.
The food is relatively cheap and very good.

But the village is very spread out and some accommodations might be a long way from the center. And the terrain is quiet low. You should have plenty of snow on the upper part of mountain, but it might be less on the lower.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
saikee, How did you like the area? I remember you planning this trip. Looks like you manage to try lots of them. I want to go to Schladming and Gastein next.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

long and quite steep

err....not. That isn't to say that it's not a fun resort, but it isn't steep at all. It has slopes that are just enough to not be boring. The skiing at Zauchensee and Schladming is better, but overall, it's an intermediate resort - area, with no real challenges for more advanced skiers. I'm thinking of going there with my wife as she's starting to ski a bit better and needs the confidence
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sugardaddy, do you want a challenge then Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sugardaddy, Yes that's what I meant - steep enough Very Happy for good cruising. Or quite steep enough... for intermediate riding.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Of the resorts around Flachau I have been to I found Flachau the dullest. All the runs seem to be the same...apart from the runs down to Wagrain which were really nice.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy