Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Resort for Late Season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We're considering cramming another ski holiday in late March/April...

But I'm limited to either last two weeks in March (already skiing first week in March!) or first two in April so this covers Easter weekend unfortunately!
(I am running a marathon on April 19th which screws a holiday running up to that weekend or starting that weekend!)

Any advice on good snow sure resorts?
Either Europe or would we be best going to US/Canada that late?

Also looking for some cheap options!

cheers
Laura
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lauralime, the second half of March is definitely not "late season". You could go to a huge range of resorts at that time. We have skied down to 1100m in each of the last 7 years at that time. Even lower resorts, such as Morzine, should be fine in the second half of March. The cheapest option is generally self catering (as long as by "self catering" you don't mean fixing yourself some breakfast then eating out every lunch time and evening wink )

Snow in the second half of March is practically always going to be better than at Christmas/New Year, just about everywhere.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lauralime, as Pam says, go for the earlier fortnight and you have you pick of pretty much anywhere. I would advise a resort with some north facing slopes though as the sun is strong at that time and things get slushy on slopes which take the full effect
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FWIW we're off to Les Arcs first week April (as we have before) and so far there has been plenty of snow around. Bit patchy in lower villages but fine all the same.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow quality is more likely to be an issue than quantity. I hate freeze/thaw spring conditions and I hate being too warm when I ski. So although most resorts would be OK, I'd advise going for altitude. Zermatt? Val Thorens? Tignes?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy