Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Temporary short term Car insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Anyone who knows of a good cheap way to insure someone on a car for the week. We are driving down to France this weekend, but I need to add another driver or 2 so I dont fall asleep on an autoroute somewhere in Lyon:-)

It will cost £50 to add 1 driver to my own insurance for 10 days
£55 to add 2 drivers
Or it will be £65 to add 1 driver for the rest of the year.

Does anyone know of a better way to insure a driver for a short time?

Love and Kisses xxx
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if you do a HPI check with some companies they will insure the car for a week..... will cost about £10

Do check terms and conditions check though
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check their car insurance - they may be covered to drive your car on that. [But do check the level of cover - it can be third-party only.]
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andy_genge, We added our daughter (32) and her boyfriend onto the insurance of our car for about ten days/two weeks at Christmas - it was around £17. That is with the Pru.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Make sure that named drivers are covered for driving outside the UK, I am surprised it was as cheap as that. Our insurance wanted £30 just to cover two of us that are already on the policy to drive in France, something about comprehensive in the UK but only 3rd party in Europe unless we paid it, all in the small print etc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When I added an extra driver to our car last January to drive me back from France after hubby's accident, Bell charged me £17 , they added the driver for the remainder of the policy year as it was cheaper. Some policies don't let you add someone temporarily. He was definitely covered for driving in France, as they knew the circumstances.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, we've added a driver in the past - can't remember the sum, but it was easily forgettable, and certainly not as much as £55. I am insured to drive any other car with the owner's permission but only third party - anywhere. I wouldn't be happy doing it on that basis though, unless it was an old jalopy.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also be careful if the car is on any sort of finance package. My leased car must be insured fully comprehensive at ALL times, many policies cover Europe only for Third Party.
All drivers must be insured fully comp to drive it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cheers all,

Unfortunately The other driver is only 3rd party in the UK and not on any other car, from what your all saying about the cost I think I am being ripped off by swiftcover. I shall check out the HPI, but I suspect europe won't be covered but worth checking. My car is only worth 2K so I am not worried about fully comp. but its not quite www.bangersandtrash.com Little Angel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.theaa.com/insurance/short-term-car-insurance.html
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yer they are also just www.tempcover.com for me £100

Strange I can get my insurance down to £38 if I do not select the extra policy abroad cover. My cover is UK without abroad cover. But in the small print of the cover surrounding boundaries all EU contried are covered for upto 72 days. I think the insurance company are trying to play on fears and make you buy usuless extra cover.

Very clever my homepage states " Countries covered: United Kingdom"
But the small print states
"It also provides the minimum cover You need by law to use Your Car in: any country which is a member of the European Union;"

The extra abroad cover seems to only cover the sea journey as extra or could give me a green card for some other countries outside the EU.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andy_genge, minimum cover will not be fully comp.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy