Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to Wengen in summer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure someone will have been there in summer it's just that we went for our first visit last week and really enjoyed it so we wondered what it was like in summer, i'm sure it is beautiful. Any tips on when is best to go so to avoid too many kids and which month is good for weather and colours etc. Do they do any mountain biking there or is it all walking? not that we mind we just want to go back.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have been to Murren in the summer (Aug 04) but not Wengen. I can let you know what to do in Murren and in Lauterbrunnen thou.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Silly question of course I've been to Wengen in Summer Laughing

Three options for when to go, early in the summer season (late May or early June) for the best time to view the alpine flowers, the !st of August for Swiss National Day, lots of fun events and usually fireworks, or I'm told September is good for fantastic sunsets over the Jungfrau.

Summer time does not attract many kids to the area, far more common are the elderly walkers, there are mountain bike trails in the area, one goes from Kleine Scheidegg to Lauterbrunnen ! all are well marked as are the walking trails, the walking trails are marked in hours and minutes as to how long they should take, trails marked with a red and white tag are supposed to be a bit more dillfficult and require walking boots. There's a really nice walking path between Mannlichen and Kleine Scheidegg but it might not be open during early summer as it's prone to avalanches from late snow held in the shadowy areas above the path, there are good local walking maps available from the tourist office but really you can do without them as the signposts are so good, there are also a lot of seats arround the area provided by the tourist office which makes it easier to do the longer walks snowHead

As usual if you have any other questions about the area just ask me wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been many times in the summer and my favourite is the end of June. There's still loads of snow on all the peaks, the alpine meadows are approaching their first cut (so are in full glorious colour) and the place is still quiet.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
June is the best time for the waterfalls as well, there's more water coming down.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stayed in Interlaken with all the oriental 'Europe in a week' ers (Rome yesterday, Jungfrau today, Eiffel Tower tomorrow) July 1999. Rack & pinion train up to Kleine Sheidegg, saw the dog we'd made frends with the previous winter, lunch at the station then walked down to the halt near the hotel.

So beautiful I nearly proposed, but wife to be jumped up off the bench we were sitting on and went to the bin with her apple core. Moment lost.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have stayed in Wengen many times in the Summer mainly for the mountain walking. It is fairly quite compared with the winter and would not advise going there if you were looking for a busy night life. If you have to go in the school holidays you should think about late August as the Swiss Schools start about the middle of August therefore hotel rates are mid season not high season.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Of course if you go in summer you have to go on up the cog railway and look out from the window in the North face of the Eiger, and then on up to the Glacier at the top. Along with hundreds of Japanese of course - it is part of their standard European tour.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Andy, How did you enjoy your trip to WQengen? We got back last Friday. Sorry, we were going to meet up, but in the rush completely forgot. Did you get to Brandegg to sample the apple fritters?? snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Brian yes we did get to brandegg for apple fritters it would have been nice to meet you, but maybe next time. This was only our fourth skiing trip and we both thought it was the best place we have been to by a long way it really makes you want to buy a little appartment there and go winter and summer, the scenery just takes your breath away the times i stared at that mountain and range i have lost count of, i just wonder if you had a place there how easy it would be to rent out, or i wonder if people prefer hotels to appartments but it is certainly tempting Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We go every summer. It's sooooooo quiet in the village. The walking is awesome. As well as the routes already suggested, try First to Grosse Scheidegg above Grindelwald. We were in the village for Swiss National day in 2004, and it was a really good night - probably the only party night of the summer season!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
what time of summer do you go brian and do you stay at the alpenrose? we really want to go in summer this year as i know we would love it even though we don't walk much now as we mountain bike but we will gladly walk around there.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andyarmitage, I have heard that the WAB trains don't like to take bikes on in the summer but I'm not sure how true that is, I think they might take you up to Wengen but maybe not higher, you could probable email someone to find out though
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David we are quite happy to go there and just walk as i think in those suoundings we could put up with it! we could go to morzine or les gets for biking but wengen draws us back as you well know! Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There are some good mountain bike trails in the area as well but there are so many walking trails ...... There's several really long trails, Schinige Platte to First or Murren to Blausee are really long for example
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy