Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA luggage allowance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good job I phoned them yeterday. I read the info and thought I was ok to take skis so long as my checked baggage did not weigh more than 23k. not a problem for me.

Wrong, well nearly right, because It ok and no extra charge so long as you only have ONE bag to check in. So I'm looking at ski bags that I can pack my stuff in aswell. I am taking 152's so I am looking at snowboad bags with wheels. Does anyone know if you can fit sizs 24.5 uk5 ski boots in the pockets that some bags have for the snowboard boots?

Oh and BA will allow ski boots and Helmets in you hand luggage for which there is no weight restriction except for you must be able to place it in the overhead locker un aided. It must be within their size limit though.

Hope this is useful. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
youngeratheart, Did BA tell you it was OK to have ski boots in hand luggage because we are going to Italy in Feb and we apparently can't take ski boots in our hand luggage which, a) limits our checked luggage allowance and b)means we aren't able to ensure our boots arrive when we do! Of course, it may be to do with our TO arrangements rather than BA.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Iski, Yes actually I had to ring back because I forgot to ask this and also could not find any info about hand luggage weight limit. Maybe it is your TO, Who are you going with.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
youngeratheart, UK Outdoor Pursuits Ltd, now owned by Wayne who is a snowHead who posts on here and is a ski instructor in the resort we are going to. But it does say when you book that ski boots are not allowed in hand baggage.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Iski,
Give me a call and I will e-mail you a BA voucher so you can carry your boot bag.
Have PM's you with my mobile number.

Anyone else on “our” trips can do the same (call the office number).

Not going to get into if you can take this or that type of gear on any flights as it seems to be posted about ad-infinitum on here. The very basics are "no you can't" unless you pay (that's just the nature of flying around these days). OK, the non basics are that if you read the terms and conditions of each airline then you may be able to, but.... you'll have to
a] convince some bored check-in staff of this using you best wiki-lawyer chat and then
b] do the same again at the security gates
(oh and you'll have to do the same again on the way home).

So, anyone on “our” trips, give me a call (or the office) and we'll send you voucher to cut out any of the doubt.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 31-01-10 8:12; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Iski, I flew on BA yesterday with my boots (and helmet) as hand luggage.

No problem at all.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boots and helmets in hand luggage depends more on the airport than the airline, there are numerous threads on here.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Iski,

Update

I have just e mailed the office and told them to send out vouchers to all 148 people on BA flights who have not requested ski boots from the hire shop. Check your confirmation and if it says "skis only" then you will get a voucher in the post this week. If it says "ski and boots" you will need to contact us.

Hope this helps

Oh yeah Iski thanks for pointing out this (very easy to solve) possible problem. We didn't think about it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This has been the subject of much debate already Little Angel

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=56349&highlight=
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops, But in our case the confusion arose from the wording in the terms and conditions of the TO (as Wayne has just indicated), not the airline Toofy Grin . As I am an obliging little soul, I was going to comply with those but, having suffered agony with hire boots in the past, am happier carrying my ski boots with me snowHead

Wayne, Thank you for sorting that out. Our confirmation does indeed say 'Ski Only' snowHead snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Iski, I though this was youngeratheart's thread and not a specific UK Outdoor Pursuits Ltd customer service hotline wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops, Ah, but the kudos does go to youngeratheart, as without this thread I and my boots would be travelling separately Sad Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
youngeratheart, my wheelie snowboard bag does not have pockets for boots really, but it does have a velcro flap inside to segregate the boots, but as they are soft I do not bother with it. Any wheelie snowboard bag would be able to take your ski boots and you could keep them in your boot bag to stop them rattling around. If you fly with BA regularly this might be an option for you to avoid paying for any further baggage Very Happy

Lots of wheelie bag threads in the snowboard section btw

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 31-01-10 11:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, Yes .. much already written ... and much also written by those who have actually done it that BA ( and security in T5) have been permitting ski boot bags on as hand luggage. On the Nice route all winter it has been evident that there is No Issue (unless people are packing Tins of Food in Ski Boot Bags Shocked ) wink ... just scare-mongering!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wayne, What a helpful TO you are. I'll add to favorites for next year.

Iski, Glad your sorted Smile

rayscoops,
Quote:

you could keep them in your boot bag to stop them rattling around.

If I had one Laughing A jumper or two usually surfices, Thanks for the links. I'll check them out later. OH is here so housework on the menu till he goes out. wink Then back to the adiction snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy