Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere and Tignes(mainly off piste)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a successful business trip in Val d’Isere. Lots of sunshine there during the week but a bit on the chilly side.

Cold conditions meant there was still a lot of soft snow around off piste, which was been improved by a 2-3 inch dump yesterday. Before it snowed yesterday, there was still powder to be found around Col Pers, Vallonets, Cugnai and Tour de Charvet itineraries, but conditions were not great in the Grand Vallons. There was some nice soft in the trees around La Daille and Fornet. While over in Tignes, there was powder in the Vallon de Sache if you knew where to look. The couloirs around Mickeys Ears still had powder in them, but also rocks. The cold conditions also mean that the snow pack on certain slopes hasn’t settled yet -over 30 slab avalanches were reported in the last couple of weeks- so assess the risks before you go off piste. Grab a guide if you are not sure.

On the piste front, the groomed runs in general are in excellent shape but a tad busy. There is a nice little timed Dual Slalom Course, at the bottom of the Borsat in Val, which I did with my business partner. I managed to squeeze my Dynastar Legend 8000's(best freeride skis of the season for me) down in a shade over 31 seconds; the best times of the day were under 26 seconds!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
love that 1st pic in Vallon de Sache
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy