Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The best place to get wintersports insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Just away for a week in austria and was wondering if any1 had any recomendations for insurance

Thanks Chris
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Direct Travel.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1873Chris, I can help.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
1873Chris, direct travel seconded
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers guy I kno it was a stupid question but was just looking for a recomendation that's all

thanks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
1873Chris, ignore people who can't help making smart comments. I'd third Direct Travel - cheap, provides the cover we need and we had no problem claiming back last year. It's about £65 for European annual cover for a couple.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yep Direct Travel !!! A friend has also had to claim and they were great then too.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've used Direct Travel for years, but I've never claimed, so can't say how good they are apart from their prices.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
'insure and go' provide good winter sports cover including unguided off-piste at reasonable price. I have a annual multi-trip but only ever made 1 claim for seeing a doctor abroad and process was efficient and fast.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Post Office seems to give high levels of cover for the price.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cathy wrote:
1873Chris, ignore people who can't help making smart comments....

ie the ones who point to wide-ranging discussions which have already taken place.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles wrote:
cathy wrote:
1873Chris, ignore people who can't help making smart comments....

ie the ones who point to wide-ranging discussions which have already taken place.

Aye, and the first non sponsored link takes you to this thread Shocked
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bones, wouldn't you expect that? It is the latest thread on the subject in this site. There is of course a whole bunch of others. As a subject for new threads, insurance is close in popularity to helmets and boots in hand luggage. rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dog Tag great cover good recognition and very very fast claims settlement. (ie within 14 days)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Judging by the wealth of threads on this subject, I think it is wise to shop around for winter sports travel insurance as they all seem to have different levels of cover and exclusions.

I have travel insurance with my bank account (Nat West Gold) which includes up to 31 days winter sports cover. This is perfectly adequate for me but many would find it insufficient as it only includes cover for skiing off-piste with a qualified instructor. but it does cover getting me off the mountain in the event of an accident and any necessary medical treatment and repatriation.

I have claimed once. I had a hotel stay in the Lake District booked and paid for but couldn't go at the last minute because my pet cat fell ill and subsequently died. I emailed over a copy of the hotel booking confirmation and they paid up within the week minus the £50 excess.

If off-piste cover is important to you, be careful to read the terms and conditions of insurance as many do not offer cover or impose restrictions. Also if you have annual insurance, check that the level of cover is suitable for the number of skiing trips you may take.

People will offer recommendations but it's important to recognise the level of cover that's right for you may not be the same as the level of cover they have.
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
I have travel insurance with my bank account (Nat West Gold) which includes up to 31 days winter sports cover. This is perfectly adequate for me but many would find it insufficient as it only includes cover for skiing off-piste with a qualified instructor

I have the same too but never really new it existed but will rely on this insurance from now on, but having just printed out the T&Cs the 'off piste with instructor' only bit did not jump out at me, are you sure about this ?

edit - just found it, but it seems to exclude any snowboarding off piste Shocked carre neige for me then on Monday Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 31-01-10 12:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
rayscoops, under the glossary of terms in the winter sports section it says:

Off-piste – skiing and snowboarding with a qualified instructor only.

This isn't an issue for me as I have no aspirations to leave the sanctity of the piste, but I can see it would be restrictive for many.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy