Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you do on a holiday??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't like the idea of the hot tub, but the rest of this thread sounds spot on to me. Five weeks and counting... Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

nasty unhygienic things. A warm slurry of microbes.

Absolutely. Unless 100% meticulously cared for, the most likely source of nasty infections you're likely to encounter on your holiday. and if they are meticulously cared for, they're a warm slurry of noxious chemicals, instead. And besides, I've always felt that one of the big selling points for a ski holiday is that you can legitimately cover up almost all exposed skin, for the entire week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Outdoor hot tubs completely rocks, especially when they're situated so you can get out of them, make a snow angel, then get back in and scream / whimper as the heat of the water feels like a million pin pricks. Ski Miquel have a hot ubt at their place in Baqueira Beret, all the others we've used have been in North America. It's almost worth skiing NA just for the outdoor hottubs, quite apart from the completely diffenet style / ethos of skiing you get to experience...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nbt, Absolutely agree - a good laugh. C'mon queen bodecia, pam w, lighten up Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stayed at a place in Cornwall with an outdoor hot tub - at the end of a very cold October. The girls had to wear two coats to go and play on the beach but the hot tub in the rain was absoloute bliss.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many hotels anywhere in the US seem to have them It may have been me but a hot tub in Hawaii in August seemed totally pointless.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There was an outdoor hot tub at a place we stayed in the Lake District last year and I remember a small heated pool at Vald'Isere near the nursery slopes (not quite a hot tub, I know).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Always get accommodation with a bath. After skiing and the first Apres beer, back to accommodation for a soak in the bath with a beer and a book, once first beer gone shout to wife to bring second beer. Apart from that, pretty much fall in line with everyone else on the thread.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No Style wrote:
Always get accommodation with a bath. After skiing and the first Apres beer, back to accommodation for a soak in the bath with a beer and a book, once first beer gone shout to wife to bring second beer. Apart from that, pretty much fall in line with everyone else on the thread.

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead That way you also don't have to dress appropriately or share anyone else's 'slurry of microbes', as Hurtle described the hot tub experience Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well I have taken note of all the Billy Questions from http://www.natives.co.uk/billy.htm and will try use them all!

So the main idea of a holiday is skiing, and not procrastinating about your exploits like a season worker! This may be strange to get used to! There is no hot tub, so I am free from the 'slurry of microbes'.......sounds so appealing to miss out on Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I agree with No Style, a bath is an absolute must. I'm usually up for breakfast at 8, shouting at my friends to hurry up and badgering them to get on the first life at 9 or thereabouts. I ski all day until I can't make out the runs anymore, then head in for a bath and a beer. usually drink beer and eat until I fall asleep, which can be any time from 9pm 'til the wee small hours (and I'll still get up again for the next morning - I can stack up my hangovers for the week after when I'm home).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't know if they are still there but when I stayed at Gleneagles in early 90s they had a couple of proper wooden hot-tubs outside (near the pool) - deep but narrow (plenty of leg-brushing opportunities Twisted Evil ).

It rained so heavily that none of our party made it past the 8th hole (fools for even trying!) but in the hot tub so long as you kept as much in the water as possible it was lovely and... er, hot. Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy