Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl Bridge vs Karma

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone skied the two? If I like the Karma would I be pretty safe buying the Bridge in the same size? Have read conflicting reports on how stiff the Bridge is compared to the Karma, more like a mini Mantra?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep, loved the Karma, the Bridge too, but a bit too much side cut. Still awesome ski. Would pick the Karma everyday for all mountain and park performance.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sounds good, I like sidecut Smile I like the Karmas too but not made any more and my boyfriend, whose Karmas I've been skiing, wants them back
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bridge is sweet, and there is a ladies version with a modified balance point.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah not so sold on the ladies skis, and I'm 175cm tall and Volkl only make most of their women's skis up to a 170cm, I did quite fancy the Aura in a 177cm before they stopped making them too, don't need as fat as the Kiku although I would like to try them Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Got a pair of Bridges just before my 2 week holiday in Ischgl Madeye-Smiley

These are my first off-piste ski although I have been skiing the Karmas for a couple of weeks before getting these. I really liked them Madeye-Smiley I think they felt softer than the Karmas and the tip feels and looks a lot wider so they are probably a bit easier for a novice off-piste skier at the expense of a bit of on piste performance. I felt they were more suited to soft snow than the Karmas and not as good on ice and really hard frozen stuff although I did ski them in pretty much every condition, i just have a bit of an aversion to ice Evil or Very Mad . I bought these from Ebay and they were fitted with Marker Schizos which I have been playing around with and I prefer them mounted a bit back, not decided how much yet though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy