Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel questions: boot lockers, lessons?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey folks,

Myself and 3 friends are heading to Kitzbuhel for the first time for a long weekend, we will be staying at Alder Schwarz. I have 3 queries I need help with please:

1) I hear the Hahnenkammbahn lift is about 10 minutes walk from my hotel - are there boot lockers at the bottom of Hahnenkammbahn that can be used overnight?

2) Which is the nearest ski rental shop to Alder Schwarz - I have heard of Intersport and Sport Etz?

3) Finally, can anyone recommend a great ski school / instructor for individual lessons?

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HandySan, welcome to snowheads. snowHead never been to Kitzbuhel, so can't help with your specific queries - but be sure not to leave your boots anywhere where they won't be kept warm overnight.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HandySan, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I can only answer your first question and yes, there are very good ski/boot lockers at the Hahenkammbahn, in the ski shop there. Which are heated Very Happy

Enjoy your weekend Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
HandySan, hello and welcome.

I went to Kitzbuhel in March 2008 and loved it. As cathy says there are heated ski and boot lockers at the Intersport shop at the Hahnenkammbahn. I think if you hire your equipment from there the price of the lockers is included.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HandySan, Plenty of lockers and you can fit more than one pair of skis and boots in each. Hire charges aren't cheap in Kitzbuehel but you would be wise to shop around as, unlike in some resorts, prices do vary between shops. Nice hotel, by the way.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys! I'm a regular skier at other resorts but this is my first time in Kitzbuhel so Im trying to save a few extra steps with the skis etc.

Cant wait to get up there! Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HandySan, we're in the same Hotel for a long weekend too, 12th - 15th March. So I'm really pleased you asked this question. I had no idea it was such a stroll to the lifts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy