Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gay Ski Weeks

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

Just wondered if anyone has been to any of the gay ski weeks in Europe and whether they are a good laugh/ worth it?

I've heard that pouffs can ski Happy

Cheers

Phil
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a gay ski week in Queenstown in NZ every year.

Makes me laugh, because:

A) Most ozzie blokes IMO are gay anyway, so no different to any other week during the winter when they pay us a visit.
B) There's no mention of gay snowboarders, and skiing is a bit gay regardless.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not another helmet thread.

Aspen - that's the big one... apparently.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Big one Toofy Grin rolling eyes in Tignes to.

http://www.europeangayskiweek.com/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
e17phil, Urm can you use the term pouff in relation to members of the gay community, If i called a gay person a pouff, i would be sacked where i work. Just a thought.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timbobaggins, Please no Shocked I can see 17 pages...............................

However spelling please guys, its puff not pouff Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Imagine the (justifiable) fuss if there were "White Ski Weeks". I am all for acceptance of gay rights, equality etc etc, but these causes are hampered by such events IMHO.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller wrote:

However spelling please guys, its puff not pouff Toofy Grin

I always thought the spelling was "Poof", made famous by Monty Python.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pouff is a form of occasional seating - a short circular stool of upholstered foam.

Bode Swiller wrote:
Not another helmet thread.

Very subtle, Swiller
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Imagine the (justifiable) fuss if there were "White Ski Weeks". I am all for acceptance of gay rights, equality etc etc, but these causes are hampered by such events IMHO.
In the USA there are black ski weeks run by The Brotherhood of Skiing. Nobody bats an eyelid.

I understand the biggest gayest ski week is in Val Thorens some time in April each year.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller, What makes it "The gayest"
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Timbobaggins, 100 snowheads wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, correct... only joking.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timbobaggins, 100 snowheads wink

Wearing fartbags of course. Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I found myself in the midst of a Lesbian ski week in Kaprun once (and you can erase that picture in your mind's eye, it wasn't like one of those movies I can assure you). I tell you, they really know how to hold their liquor snowHead
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
I found myself in the midst of a Lesbian ski week in Kaprun

Swiller, in your relationships with Austrian women, who tends to wear the lederhosen?
ski holidays
I once knew a Lesbian Carpenter, she was very good at Tongue and Groove Laughing
snow conditions
Bode Swiller, by the ears?

ps Thanks for the easy set up wink
snow report
Womens ski weeks would be good, but not necessarily lesbian. The pistes would be nice and chilled without testosterone-fuelled death wish lunatics and the bars full of nice chatty gals sipping wine without fear of bother from lecherous oafs. Very Happy
latest report
so is there any mileage in a white hetrosexual ski trip.

or would that be an 'ism or an 'ist.

funny how everyone can be selective except white males..
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
I found myself in the midst of a Lesbian ski week in Kaprun once (and you can erase that picture in your mind's eye, it wasn't like one of those movies I can assure you). I tell you, they really know how to hold their liquor snowHead

when was much younger used to go to lesbian bars in edinburgh with the idea of hot chicks and how i would turn them. sadly the truth was a bar full of guys with similiar idea and no one that would get on baywatch.. oh to be 19 again..
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
Womens ski weeks would be good, but not necessarily lesbian. The pistes would be nice and chilled without testosterone-fuelled death wish lunatics and the bars full of nice chatty gals sipping wine without fear of bother from lecherous oafs. Very Happy

Excellent points. I'd be happy to ski like a woman if a ski area could promise a nice relaxing time like that.
ski holidays
hang11 wrote:
B) There's no mention of gay snowboarders, and skiing is a bit gay regardless.

When my mates organise their holiday each year, the boarders are referred to as Gays on trays wink

In the interest of fairness we skiers are called "Pr**ks on sticks" - most unfair Laughing
latest report
Bode Swiller, by the ears?

ps Thanks for the easy set up wink
Always a pleasure.

I did get talking to some of the less butch ones and they explained that it was a week specially for lesbians. So I said...

"How interesting. What part of Lesbania are you from?"
latest report
I once was in a bar chatting a gorgeous girl up. "Look" she said " I am just not interested in you " She then indicated to a gorgeous blonde haired female accross the bar. " See her i want to jump into bed with her and make mad passionate love "

"Oh wow " says i " Why's that"

"You stupid boy" she said, " i m a Lesbian thats why"

I looked accross the bar and gazed at the gorgeous blonde haired female she had indicated to,

""That makes two of us then " i said " I reckon i am Lesbian as well" Laughing
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, except that Gay ski weeks are organised by, er, gay people. Are you suggesting closing down all gay bars & nightclubs for the same reason?
ski holidays
The best thing though about gay ski weeks is that you get to widen the circle of your friends
snow report
Dr John, my argument is that Gays are a minority group that are fighting for equality. By having events organised by, er, gay people, for, er, gay people, then could be marginalising themselves again. I have the same issues with the MOBO awards, petty perhaps, but certainly room for thought IMHO.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller wrote:
The best thing though about gay ski weeks is that you get to widen the circle of your friends
snigger
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, I see your point, but it's not an issue for the vast majority of gay people. The gay weekends are incredibly popular, many friends of mine go regularly, have a blast, and don't feel they are marginalising themselves in any way.
latest report
Went into a hotel in St Anton to meet up with a guide. Didn't realise it was gay week until after we went into the Hotel.

Males only in the bar and camp accents all round.

Man 1 "How's your ski techinique"
Man 2 "Ohhhhh (looks down to legs), it's prwetty solid"

Two male salaries and no kids = good customers for the ski industry.
Toilets were busy.
snow report
Dr John, my argument is that Gays are a minority group that are fighting for equality. By having events organised by, er, gay people, for, er, gay people, then could be marginalising themselves again. I have the same issues with the MOBO awards, petty perhaps, but certainly room for thought IMHO.

my point exactly. there would be an outcry if it was MOWO awards
snow report
mugen, there is a MOWO award, it's called the Classical Music Awards. All modern music is of black origin, which makes the MOBO's incongruous at worst, but not really something we want to go around banning.
ski holidays
Dr John wrote:
mugen, there is a MOWO award, it's called the Classical Music Awards. All modern music is of black origin, which makes the MOBO's incongruous at worst, but not really something we want to go around banning.

i think you'll find your not quite correct there.
latest report
The 'reverse discrimination' thing doesn't wash with me I'm afraid. The UK and probably most of Western Europe is in the majority populated by white able-bodied heterosexual people. If you happen to belong to a slightly different category to that and want the comfort and solace of spending some quality time with people in the same category as yourself rather than constantly feeling like an outsider, where is the problem? Why is it hurting anyone? It's not discrimination, it's being able to define who you are and relating to people in the same circumstances as yourself.

The very reasons why I'm a member here and on several motorcycling forums, and why I participate in cancer charities and support groups and correspond with other asexual people.

Is snowheads discriminatory against people who wouldn't dream of sliding down snowy mountains? I rest my case.
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
The 'reverse discrimination' thing doesn't wash with me I'm afraid. The UK and probably most of Western Europe is in the majority populated by white able-bodied heterosexual people. If you happen to belong to a slightly different category to that and want the comfort and solace of spending some quality time with people in the same category as yourself rather than constantly feeling like an outsider, where is the problem? Why is it hurting anyone? It's not discrimination, it's being able to define who you are and relating to people in the same circumstances as yourself.

The very reasons why I'm a member here and on several motorcycling forums, and why I participate in cancer charities and support groups and correspond with other asexual people.

Is snowheads discriminatory against people who wouldn't dream of sliding down snowy mountains? I rest my case.

so where does discrimination start and stop. where do you define it.
ski holidays
I guess something along the lines of negative comments and/or actions against a person or persons who exhibit different characteristics in some way.
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:
I guess something along the lines of negative comments and/or actions against a person or persons who exhibit different characteristics in some way.

whats negative and whats funny. also define different, while your at it define normal.
ski holidays
mugen, possibly not. Care to elucidate?

queen bodecia, quite right. What else should be banned on the basis of perceived discrimination? The Woman's Institute?
snow report
Dr John, so minorities are allowed affinity groups but majorities are not? That's dicrimination, surely?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy