Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs - Mountain pods?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have seen lots of signs to them whilst I've been here and they are marked on Piste Maps, but can anyone tell me what is a Mountain Pod?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are they the long drop toilets like the ones in the bowl at the top of the Vallandry chair lift?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a series of (free) MP3 files that you download from Mountain Pod to load on to you MP3 player. When you reach the Mountain Pod signs around the resort you play the appropriate file and ittells you a little bit about the local geography and history of the point you're at.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a fantastic idea, made even better by the narrator's pronounciation of "piste", and her snippet about the current world speed ski record - two thousand and fifty three kph Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What a superb idea. Just played the Col de la Chal one and - was amused at the thought of getting more info off the "piste patrols" - listen to it to see what I mean!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Embarassed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jwhiteley1, I preferred your answer. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The cachette one has a classic comment about teh architecture in Arc 1600
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy