Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seriously cheesed off!!

Poster: A snowHead
Just spent 1.5 hours writing a review on Serre Chevalier in great depth. Finished it and clicked preview at which point it deleted all my work and I've lost it.

So b8llocks to it

So here it is again

It was fantastic!!
Gaz
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gaz_H, bad luck. Very annoying. glad you had a good time. snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Always highlight, left click and copy before you click post or preview. Browsers are notorious for losing text.

Thanks for your review, though. I'll read it later when I have more time. Toofy Grin

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 27-01-10 23:47; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gaz_H, snowHead . That is all you need to say about it. You're right it is fantastic
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gaz_H, I've never been, but on the strength of that review, I'm definitely going one day! Thank you. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PJSki wrote:
Always highlight, left click and copy before you click post or preview. Browsers are notorious for losing text.

I always do that.

Except for the times when I need to Embarassed
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok - As its in demand here are the edited highlights

Monetier / Villenueve the best. Monetier v quite
followed by Chantelmerle
Briancon the sunny quiet side

The best runs
Cucumelle
Clot Gautier
Casse Du Beouf
Luc Alphand
All the runs off the top of the Cibouit lift
both runs off the Aiguillette lift
All runs off the Clot and Mea drags

Worst runs
Tabuc
Glaise
Bez, too busy, use Casse Du Beouf if you can

Apres

Good bands at the grotte, saw MuntFinger last week - fantastic
Le Frog - Crap. Miserable Scotish owner - actually saw people leave because of her moods. Not welcoming at all
Station in Chantlemerle owned by Clive Harper who has a band called Harper Brothers very good tongue in cheek punky type band
Excellent restaurant in the old town of Villenueve - Le Levre Blanc stand out

Gaz
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex_heney wrote:
PJSki wrote:

I always do that.

Except for the times when I need to Embarassed

You and me both.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought it was only me who took ages over trip reviews! I'm only half way through a review of my trip to L2A last week.

At least spreading it over multiple days means i'll never get stung by the text eating browser gremlins.

Glad you enjoyed your trip!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
How about typing the review into Word, Wordpad, Notepad etc (and saving it of course) and then when review is complete just copy and paste into the Forum?

Mr WiseAfterTheEvent
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gaz_H wrote:

Worst runs
Tabuc

You can not be serious Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pistemeister, Gaz_H, Yeah its one of my favourite runs, can I ask why?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Christopher,
The only reasons I can think of for slotting the Tabuc into the "Worst runs " category would be:-
It is not black enough for long enough.
There are no chair lifts up the middle of the piste (so you can shout to your mates in the chairs on their way back up).
It is too narrow for people who like motorway pistes.
Or you get get lulled into a Sarenne style false sense that it is easy after the schuss at the start.
But I am baffled why anyone would not think it is one of the best runs in the valley.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gaz_H,
Done that as well.
Glad you liked Serre Che though like the others a bit baffled by your opinion on Tabuc which is a great run though I guess the lack of snowmaking means it can get a bit scratchy in places if it has not snowed for a while.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pistemeister, Christopher
The reason I noted Tabuc as one of the worst is because you have a certain expectation of a black and this one didn't live up to it. There where a lot of other Blacks and Red's that were far more enjoyable.

G
snow report
Let us hope and pray the miserable hen who runs the crassly named Le Frog is a snowHead and will be along shortly to administer the traditional Glaswegian Kiss Laughing

Surely we have some Serre Chev people on here who can shed some light? must be a small ex-pat world down there...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 31-01-10 22:07; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
PJSki wrote:

Thanks for your review, though. I'll read it later when I have more time. Toofy Grin

umm, right click works better.

NehNeh
snow report
I thought Tabuc was quite fun. You have gun it to get over the uphill part and have your wits about you as you tackle the steeper narrower sections which were heavily churned and mogulled when I did it and - shock of shocks - had some people on it. Then you get a twisting and turning narrow track through the tree lined valley including a couple of bridges over a stream and finally a rolling run back to the bottom.
I agree that Bez isn't the most inviting of routes to the bottom. Could it be because the snow is mainly artificial there? It certainly deteriorates in quality as you get closer to the Frejus chairlift.
Serre Chevalier could also do with a few more fast lifts and get rid of the few remaining drags . It seems that once you get to 2000m in Monetier you are stuck with a long slow transfer anywhere else.
Also, it isn't immediately obvious from the piste map, in fact not clear at all, that coming back to Monetier from Villeneuve you still have to take the Cucumelle lift to get high enough to get back to the home slopes. It's no great problem but is a bit misleading.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy