Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowjet

Poster: A snowHead
I've posted here and there about my experience having booked a Thomson flight through Snowjet for my New Year ski trip but I thought I might give it its own thread. A couple of days before we travelled Snowjet called to let me know that there was a change to my flight - it would be leaving a few hours later and instead of flying to Chambery we would now be flying to Grenoble (no trained pilot for Chambery).

I had arranged a transfer independently for my family from Chambery to Belle Plagne. Snowjet agreed to refund me the cost of a private transfer from Grenoble to Belle Plagne - so I went ahead and booked one. On Boxing Day we arrived at the airport to find further changes had been made - instead of going to Grenoble we were now going to Lyon, again another few hours later. So I phoned Snowjet and it was decided we would get a coach laid on by them to take us to Chambery from where we could pick up an amended private transfer. Ok.

Get to Lyon to find that ph's ski boots have been lost. By the time we had filled out the forms and got out to arrivals we find that the bus has left without us. We are now stuck in Lyon with no transfer, no rep. I phone Snowjet office at about 5.30pm (UK time) on Boxing Day and we decide between us the best course of action is for us to get a taxi and again they will refund us the cost. We spent over 800 euros in addition to our original transfer cost Shocked Anyhow, yesterday I got a cheque from Snowjet for £775 and a let of sincere apology over the disruption. What a great bunch (and I booked through them as they were the cheapest wink )

Barry - you are a star.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shimmy Alcott, good result but did ph get boots back? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lou, yep, they had a mini trip to Innsbruck all on their own. I just thank the lord it wasn't his new skis. I think there may have been tears. Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shimmy Alcott, Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Congratulations to Snowjet on providing customer service exactly how it should be when things don't quite go to plan....

It's amazing... airlines and TO's do nothing other than do their job properly and we say coo over them saying they're brilliant (me included).... when all they've done is what they morally should be obliged to do.... is this a reflection on our extremely low expectations???? Shocked wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh, a good news thread, move on, nothing to see here Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I flew snowjet to/from Sion. Couldn't fault them. Glad to see the customer service is spot on if something goes wrong, too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

is this a reflection on our extremely low expectations???? Shocked wink

As far as I am concerned yes - after my dealings with First Choice Customer Services Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shimmy Alcott, but how was the rest of your first Self Catering ski holiday? How did ph cope with doing the washing up, how poorly equipped was the kitchen etc etc Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shimmy Alcott, you were obviously 'out of pocket' and they did the right thing in putting you back in the position had the default not occured, i.e. reimbursed you for your direct expense

However if you were looking for 'compensation' for your disruption/heart ache rather than 'reimbursement', then that might haved proved a little more difficult wink

It is nice to read a positive experience in these circumstances though ! well done Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Do snowjet allow you to take your boots on as hand luggage ? Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing, I loved it. Ski gear by day PJ's by night. No need to worry about kids and other diners in restaurants. Fantastic location - we used to pay huge premium for that kind of location in Courchevel, opposite ski school. I had bread and apricot jam each morning and was in heaven. I dont think I could fault the accomm, though the kitchen was tiny - what do you expect? - it had everything we needed - the grill/microwave was a godsend to make toast/garlic bread Laughing I will certainly be going back. I thought self catering would be a right hassle but it's actually less hassle. No need to go up and down in lifts to get breakfast, wait ten minutes before you get a cup of coffe, get washed and dressed up for dinner etc.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shimmy Alcott, Yep, we went through that revelation having done catered chalets for so many years Very Happy
Did you go out to an overpriced restaurant for New Year?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shimmy Alcott, couldn't agree more, self-catering is great for all those reasons. The shopping has to be convenient, though. Last year - and I'm hoping to repeat the same in Moutiers this year - the big Bourg St Maurice shop on the way up to resort sufficed for over a week, bar the odd loaf of bread, carton of fruit juice etc. I wouldn't want to be spending too much time shopping - basically the time between the end of skiing and the start of drinking/supper preparation for me, is devoted to protracted and luxurious ablutions! Very Happy In Les Arcs last year, I think we only had one night eating out and that was the last night, by which time we'd deliberately run down our provisions.
snow report
Hurtle, we flew, but as you dont need to pack evening wear it was easy to pack in bits and bobs for food.
snow report
Quote:

you dont need to pack evening wear

yes, yet another great advantage of self catering; just slob around comfortably, walk a couple of metres to make yourself endless cups of coffee, drinks, decent gin and tonic with lots of ice and fresh lime - at heapo cheapo prices.
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, I flew too - but hired a car in Geneva (after reading 542 threads on how to do that. wink)
latest report
what is evening wear Puzzled
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Nope. We went out to lunch 3 times and that was it. New year was lovely, birds eye view of the torch lit descent from our balcony Very Happy
latest report
Snowjet are wrapped up with Titan Airways, who are one of the best companies in the business. Very switched on and easy to deal with.
latest report
sky_High30, who do you work for? What was your bosses end take on the Ski Beat flights?
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, Good to hear all worked out well.

As you know we were on Snowjet on the 9th Jan. Manchester - Chambery when it all went pear shaped.
Another big positive vote for Snowjet/Barry and TUI who were very apologetic/polite/helpful and reimbursed all expenses.
Will definateley be using them again.

Also our first self-catering trip agree with all of the above, beer worked out at 60 cents a pint as oposed to 6 euros in town - you do tend to drink more though Toofy Grin
snow report
Shimmy Alcott - I work for a private jet charter and aircraft management company.

He was frustrated more than anything - obviously it was a big pain in the back bottom, but at the end of the day these things happen and there's not much you can do about it. He's just about finished telling us all about it...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy