Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Urgent quick question - Ski boots on Easyjet???

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Shaking head smiley you put all the heavy stuff like shoes, toiletries etc in the little case and the light stuff in the big case

Shimmy Alcott, are you sure you're in Cheshire and it's not my good lady playing on the internet at work in sunny Nottingham???? Thats exactly the practical sort of suggestion she'd make..... along with packing all her stuff in both cases and leaving anything of mine that I can't fit in a boot bag behind... wink wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kelskii wrote:
SnowGod, Easyjet at Gatwick normally weigh mine but it rarely happens at Innsbruck on the way back, which is a good thing given the amount of stuff I sometimes buy in the end of ski season sales Smile

It should be never at Innsbruck, given that is one of the airports where you check in skis first, before queueing for the airline check in desk Smile

The same is true of Salzburg as of this year, BTW.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just to let you know about my experience this weekend flying Gatwick-Toulouse-Gatwick with EasyJet.

No issues with boots in carry on in either direction. My boots were even in a boot bag so it was obvious what they were when asked to show our cabin baggage at the luggage drop off point.

Only possible issue was with the security screening at Toulouse. They have a plastic guard with a hole before the x-ray machine to prevent over-size cabin baggage. I needed to offset my boots before they would go through. Oh, and the boot bag was pulled for a further hand search but with a smile and a nice word.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
alex_heney, I see, I've always checked mine in at the normal check in counter first, had the label stuck on the skis and then carried them to the oversize conveyor but I'll remember that if I'm over the allowance at any time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

pulled for a further hand search but with a smile and a nice word.

I cannot imagine anyone having a smile and a kind word if thay had to hand search my boots Toofy Grin , even my nearest and dearest give them a wide berth.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flew Eeasyjet from Liverpool to Innsbruck on Sunday and back yesterday and there were quite a few people with boot bags as hand luggage.. no EJ staff batted an eyelid...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
EasyJet Gatwick-Grenoble-Gatwick last week, one of our party had boots in a boot bag in hand luggage. No issues.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
when i went through liverpool i asked them about it. She said i can only take 1 boot and it has to be in a bag, she said this can be any type of bad even a plastic carrier bag!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you have a read of the Q & A section in the SleazyJet mag in the seatback on the plane, it deffo says that boots are allowed in hand luggage as long as the bag adheres to the size limits.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In the past few seasons we have flown Easyjet from Luton, East Mids, Stansted, Liverpool, Edinburgh & Newcastle - and each time carried ski boots in our hand luggage (Admittedly in a wheely trolley thingy...)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alex_heney wrote:
It should be never at Innsbruck, given that is one of the airports where you check in skis first, before queueing for the airline check in desk Smile

Puzzled actually I travelled through Innsbruck with Easyjet on the weekend and check-in is the same as any other airport .... you check your ski bag in as normal, get it tagged, and then take it to the outsized baggage drop.

My one and only checked in bag was my 14 kg snowboard bag which was weighed at Bristol (mainly because I had to put it on the scales for it to be tagged) but they did not seem to care at all in Innsbruck although I did try to get it tagged without speciffically laying it on the scales.

Loads of boots as hand luggage being taken on board Very Happy even though Easyjet website suggests otherwise
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops wrote:
alex_heney wrote:

Puzzled actually I travelled through Innsbruck with Easyjet on the weekend and check-in is the same as any other airport .... you check your ski bag in as normal, get it tagged, and then take it to the outsized baggage drop.

That has changed in the last two years then. I flew through Innsbruck in both of the previous years (2008 & 2007), and I definitely was able to go to the oversize baggage drop first with my skis (and we were told this by the TO rep on the transfer coach), then go and check in the rest of my luggage - although I could see people on some flights obviously didn't know this and had their skis with them in the main queue.

And the same thing applied at T2 at Salzburg a few weeks ago. Last year at Salzburg we were told it would be happening, but it wasn't in place then.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alex_heney, what about the baggage label ? who put this on the ski bag and where did you get your receipt for it ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops wrote:
alex_heney, what about the baggage label ? who put this on the ski bag and where did you get your receipt for it ?

When I've taken skis through Innsbruck, it has operated as alex_heney has described. The oversize baggage area operated, effectively, as a second check-in. The ski bags were scanned, and the oversize baggage area desk issued the labels and receipts for the ski bags after inspecting the flight tickets. It doesn't matter which order you check in; I've used the normal and oversize baggage check-in first depending on which had the shorter queue. It may have changed recently but that was they way it operated in March 09 and during my trips in March and December 08.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jtr wrote:
rayscoops wrote:

When I've taken skis through Innsbruck, it has operated as alex_heney has described. The oversize baggage area operated, effectively, as a second check-in. The ski bags were scanned, and the oversize baggage area desk issued the labels and receipts for the ski bags after inspecting the flight tickets. It doesn't matter which order you check in; I've used the normal and oversize baggage check-in first depending on which had the shorter queue. It may have changed recently but that was they way it operated in March 09 and during my trips in March and December 08.

How strange, especially as I never have a flight ticket these days Puzzled and even tend to lose my email confirmation by the time I am returning from my hols. The desk behind the x-ray machine must be a normal check-in desk the same as the others with the only exception that the bag is scanned before being tagged and (possibly) weighed at check-in.

I think that system is still working because I saw a few people at the check-in desk behind the scanner
latest report
Yes, they labelled the bags and stuck the pull off part to the back of the tickets, where the normal check in desk puts the pull off part (with the duplicate barcode).

At Salzburg a few weeks ago, they had a box with sets of labels for each flight leaving that day, rather than printing them on demand, and they also gave you a slip of card with a matching barcode that you handed in to the main check in. So the oversize check in didn't have to enter your ticket details into a computer, that still only happened at the main check in.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy