Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French School Holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sh*t I just realised that my week trip to Tignes is bang in the middle of the french school holidays. Is Tignes likely to be mobbed at that time? We're there from 27 feb to 6 Mar and the following week is the X Games and the previous week is english half term. Whats it normally like at that time?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed in Tignes at UK half term in 2005. First lifts out of Val Claret first thing in the morning were rammo, packed.

So either get a later lift or be prepared to queue.

Once up in the mountain is wasn't too bad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gainz, sorry to say that's the worst of the French holidays - Paris.

But my son, who spent a season in Val D'Isere said you could generally get away from the crowds if you avoided some obvious bottlenecks and knew the area. I suspect you'll find that skiing through lunchtime is the best bet - when everyone piles out of the restaurants after lunch it can get a bit manic. Local advice is your friend. Another suggestion is to take some lessons and get lift priority - there are some very good instructors in the Espace Killy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One advantage of being so top-down is that all the French school holidays, for years to come, are listed on their website:

http://www.education.gouv.fr/calendrier.php?za=Zone+A&zb=Zone+B&zc=Zone+C&annee0=5&annee1=8&annee2=58&annee3=9&x=12&y=11
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
Gainz, sorry to say that's the worst of the French holidays - Paris.

Didin't quite get that at first pam but I guess you mean the Paris school holidays are the worst of the lot?

In a word - Doh!

I forgot all about the french holidays...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I guess you mean the Paris school holidays are the worst of the lot?

yes, but - I think if you get the right local advice and take advantage of the terrific lift system in that area you'll still have a great holiday. Loads of snow coming your way. sH:
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i know that feeling, mines also booked in french scool hols however i believe its not the worst of the holds and we miss british school hols. any 1 got any experience of 3 valleys during french hols? were off on the 6th if feb and i believe only 1 section of france is off and it aint the paris section.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gainz, prepare yourself for lift queues 40 people wide and 200 people long (all with no concept of queueing), when you get close to the front a school of 20 little kids appears down the ski school lane and you have to go up on the lift one at a time chaperoning said kids, mountain restaurants totally full from 11.30 - 3.00 with a queue back out the door and pistes full of snakes of the same 20 little kids skiing faster and better than you while trying to fight each other as they go.

Not that I've been there at that time. I was merely trying to get you to a state where no matter how bad it was you'd be pleasantly surprised. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

mountain restaurants totally full from 11.30 - 3.00

that's not far off - so, naturally, that's the best time to go skiing. Except they might all finish before 2.30, rather than 3.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well that's cheered me up no end - off to @Morzine 26th Feb Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
halfhand, there's been masses of talk on snowheads about french school holidays...... but, looking on the bright side, the snow will probably be excellent.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy