Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any residents of France on here give me a weather report

Poster: A snowHead
Hello.
Any snowheads either living permanently or UK residents living temporarily Dans La France.

If so could you give me a weather outlook for Friday 29th January as i will be driving from Calais to Chambery.

Leaving Calais at around 0900.

Many thanks
Merci Beaucoup
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://france.meteofrance.com/france/accueil?xtor=AL-1
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timbobaggins, if you look at meteo france it will give you a few days ahead, and an outlook - http://france.meteofrance.com/france/meteo?PREVISIONS_PORTLET.path=previsions/20100129120000LET

that's probably your best bet. There is some snow forecast for the end of the week - good for your holiday, I guess, but could slow down the driving a bit. Got your chains? But I think the outlook is pretty uncertain so best keep an eye on it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timbobaggins, The weather over much of France has been unchanged for the last 10 days or so. In Northern France it's been overcast, quite cold, and mostly dry. No major snowfall is expected before the end of the week, although there might be some light falls down to sea level around Friday. I'd expect the motorways to stay very clear, but you might want to check meteofrance again in a couple of days
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Starting to get a bit concerned, the Meteo France site is showing snow from central France all the way across. Looked at my snow chains and the max speed i can go in them is 40kmh.

Reckon to make Chambery by Sunday rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bit cloudy at the moment.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Timbobaggins, You are not alone - we're also leaving calais around 9 on Friday morning to drive down to LDA ..... if the weather is that bad we will be cancelling the overnight in Grenoble as we won't have reached there by then !!! Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thursday will be bad but should be clearing a bit by Friday.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Probably of no use to you at all but there have been light flurries of snow today in the Paris region and more IS expected on Thursday and Friday throughout France. It's already very cold and didn't get above freezing here today. As others have said keep checking meteo france for the best updates for the whole of France. Good luck.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timbobaggins, I think it would be extremely unusual to be looking at snowchains on the main autoroutes. People coming down during snowy times at Christmas were sometimes organised by the police into convoys behind snowploughs - sometimes for hundreds of miles. Bit slow, but very safe.

But, looking on the bright side, looks like you'll have terrific snow for your holiday. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Timbobaggins, Like Pam said, the Friday before Christmas the motorways in France were about the worst I've seen in ten years, but we still didn't need chains. We're not expecting anything like that this week. I'm driving Paris to 3V on Thursday evening, and expect to do it in 6 or 7 hours.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Patch, Thanks, makes me feel better
pam w, Hopefuly will make Chambery by 2200 at latest ( hopefully before )
davidof, Makes me feel even better
bobblehat, If you see a black Mondeo estate give me a wave, mind you you are a few hours ahead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Timbobaggins, and likewise if you see a blue ford focus estate Laughing You may catch us up as we have to get up at stupid o'clock to get to the eurotunnel terminal at folkstone as well as trying to miss the M25 traffic on a friday morning Confused
Have a safe trip
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bobblehat, Will do, nice to see the Ford Estate owners club is invading France this weekend. I think we are leaving the house at around 5-30.

Any burglars please take note. If you think you will trace my house through my user name ect and go and burgle my house, i have left behind one two year old German Shepherd Dog and he is in the care of my Father and Mother in Law,

So you can choose to be bitten to death by a rabid German Shepherd or nagged to death by a rabid mother in law. I don't know which is worse Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

So you can choose to be bitten to death by a rabid German Shepherd or nagged to death by a rabid mother in law. I don't know which is worse Laughing Laughing

Laughing
latest report
The A26 Paris Lyon motorway was closed this morning due to weather. A 40km of section between Avalon and Auxerre is shut. Check with autoroute FM 107.7 for updates. About 20 lorries involved in diverse accidents. Including one carrying oranges that collided with another loaded with sugar causing a severe traffic jam.

The Dijon motorway had some accidents but was passable.

> I think it would be extremely unusual to be looking at snowchains on the main autoroutes.

Not just unusual but it is illegal to use snowchains on any of the French autoroute system I think the fine is 135 euros.
snow conditions
davidof wrote:
Including one carrying oranges that collided with another loaded with sugar causing a severe traffic jam.
Marmalade surely ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy