Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lesson buddy wanted Les Deux Alpes 30th Jan

Poster: A snowHead
At the suggestion of Easiski ( Charlotte) I thought I would put a post up to see if anyone wants to join me in a group lesson with easiski.

The other half will be boarding ... so I can't ask him to make up the numbers Confused

We will be in LDA from Saturday 30th Jan with the lessons starting on the sunday ( I presume)

I am a fairly new and nervous skiier Embarassed ( hence the lessons with Charlotte) so if you're used to bombing around red and blacks its probably not going to be the group for you .... but if anyone is out there the same week and fancies joining in then you would be more than welcome.

If anyones interested then either drop me a line or send a mail to easiski

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bobblehat, Shame that no-one's spoken up yet, but there's still time. ... Come on peeps - here's a nice new(ish) snowhead looking for a pal for lessons in a cheap week - what about all these questions about nervous wives/girlfriends and so so .... At least talk to her!!! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Aww... I wish I was able to but pennies don't permit - already had to say no to a trip to Alpe d'H that week Crying or Very sad . Never mind, will see you on 15/16th Nov at Hemel snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, Butterfly, Ahhh thanks girls was starting to feel like a leper there for a minute !! Embarassed
A few views but no one wanting to take the bait Sad LOL

And yes butterfly now I'm all booked with no thanks to Travelodge you will be seeing me on the 15th / 16th November Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Poor bobblehat, is still looking for up to 3 others to join her for lessons while she's here. Husband is a snowboarder, so ... surely there are other nervous novices out here that week who would like to join her? Anyone of the right level who'd like to join her, but who's booked other lessons get in touch and we'll see what we can do. Little Angel
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, No one wants play Sad
Do you think they have heard about me and are scared ( I promise I have been very well behaved on ski nights at hemel ) or maybe they are just being shy Embarassed

Come on someone must want to join in some lessons with the wonderful charlotte..... I'm not tht BAD... honest Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bobblehat, There's still time - keeping fingers crossed. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bobblehat, looking forward to seeing you on your "away day" in AdH if it comes off - how's about sharing a lesson over there if C can come too? My lessons in AdH are Mon/Tue/THu - don't know what time of day yet but I think pretty early.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Butterfly, sounds like a good plan wink My lessons were originally going to be around 11ish .... I think Charlotte and I will be working the timings out when we arrive. Will give you a call early in the week and we can try and get something arranged. Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bobblehat, excellent - 10 sleeps to lift off now! snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Butterfly, 8 sleeps for me as we leave about 5am next friday for early train over to calais Laughing A swift overnighter in grenoble on the Friday night and then into resort for early saturday. Have decided to have a play on the free beginner runs on Saturday until the apartment is ready. Can't wait to put all the practising onto a real slope snowHead

Will pm you next week to check on mobile numbers Little Angel

So excited already !!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hope you have a fab week - we managed to get into the apartment early the week we went and got our skis as soon as they opened after lunch having unpacked and everything.... had lots of fun on the free lifts as there were zero queues on the Saturday and were a nice start point for all of us (two small kids and me a beginner who was not at all sure she should be in charge of 2 little ones on the slopes!!).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
katedenhaag, sounds as though you made the most of your week and good to here that there were no queues Laughing we were sort of banking on that being the case as it is changeover day..... gives me the chance to practise before lessons with Charlotte on sunday Laughing
Hope you had a good time ?? Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bobblehat, I'm leaving home at 8am Friday but have to work in Sheffield till 3pm. 2 others are joining me there by train and I'm driving down to Stansted where we stay overnight & are due to fly out early Sat to Chambery (wish us luck with that!). If all goes to timetable we land 11am, so am hoping to get to ADH in time to go have at least a little play while the others get skis, but doubt that will happen realistically. My mobile hasn't changed so if you still have the number do you want to text me to make sure we're in contact? (C has it anyway were you to lose it).
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Butterfly, good luck with Chambery I'm sure it will be fine rolling eyes looked for your number but can;t find it anywhere !!!!!! Thought I had saved it properly to my phone but obviously didn't. Can you PM me yours pls ???
Are you getting excited ?? Cool
ski holidays
bobblehat, too right am excited! Have sent a text to the no I have for you.
latest report
We had a fab time.... have already booked same apartment for next year... must make mental note to bag some lesson slots with Charlotte as want more than one next year!
Only 3 weeks until our next trip now but we are off to friends in Andorra this time so a bit of a different holiday... can't see me being allowed to ski until the lifts close every night as we (well me and the eldest sproglet) did in LDA. Hope you have a fab time!
latest report
bobblehat, just found out our lessons in ADH are Mon, Tue & Thu 9.30-11.30, so we're pretty flexible.
snow report
katedenhaag, What part of Andorra are you going to ?? Mr Bobblehat loves it as that was where he learnt to board Laughing Think he was in Arinsal . You are so lucky going away so soon !!!

Butterfly, Me too ... thought only kids got this excited when it gets this near to christmas Embarassed
Ok your lesson times sound good.... maybe I can have a lesson with charlotte ealier one morning and then the three of us can pop over to you in the afternoon for some fun Laughing Will be in touch and make definate plans once we get there and meet up with C wink
ski holidays
Our friends live just down the road from Arcalis sector - means we have to drive up to slopes which is a bit of a different proposition to our ski in ski out apartment in LDA... but is in a jeep with winter tyres and parking easy so no major stress... and free accommodation, a lovely cook and two people who like playing Uno post dinner with the kids - makes up for lack of ski-in/ski-out big time!!! Just hope there is no fresh snow over mountains from Toulouse as we are going to have to fly there rather than my first choice of Barcelona.... we had some hairy moments last time we went that route!

I keep reading Butterfly's strap line and hoping there is a similar week next year and that I could save enough pennies to come - is just the kind of week I need!
latest report
katedenhaag, I can't imagine there won't be a 'Cautious to confident' week next year. However when it happens usually depends on Butterfly, Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski, maybe Butterfly will want to be in a 'cautious to let's rip' week next season. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
achilles, how did you hear of that plan? snowHead snowHead

katedenhaag, your accommodation sound good. I definitely plan to have a week next year. The date will be up for negotiation, provided it's when I can go! This year there was only one week when my sister and I were both free as we both work some weekends. Hopefully next can be more flexible.

Incidentally - there's a fledgling plan to visit easiski in the early summer, either at the very start of the season or a couple of weeks later, at the start of July. The idea is a bit of skiing for me and a lesson or two, plus a taster for Mr B who has never skied and is extremely nervous of trying. We'd plan to have a general driving hol, with up to a week in LDA within it. If anyone fancied being there at the same time and sharing either my lesson(s) or his....?? I will be creating a thread when dates are sorted out. I will have limited dates and have to wait for details of a work commitment about that time to be put in the diary before making plans.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy