Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Road Trip TO KITZBUEL Feb 27

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys and galls,
I am a Newbie to this forum !
A disabled mate and I are planning a road Trip to Kitztbuel on or around Feb 27 .
He can walk around ok but any type of skiing is out so he's going to chill in the village do some sight seeing and play on the Trains. snow mobile if we can find one (he can ride his motor bike ok)

First Question
Can anyone suggest other things for him to go see or do that doesn't involve a hangover or too much heat?

Second Question
We are planning to go by Boat Hull Zebruger or Rotterdam then drive in a 110 county Land rover to Salzburg.
I am used to long driving shifts but route planner is saying 9hrs + driving is this too much if so can anyone suggest a better rest point with accommodation.

Last question.
On the way back we are wanting to do 3 day break no more than 2hrs drive from port any suggestions ??

Thanks in advance
Rob
A.K.A
MadManx
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
madmanx,
Apologies if you have already looked into skiing for your disabled mate and decided it's not for him. I don't want to be telling you things that you know already but if he can walk around and can ride a motorbike then maybe he can ski as well.
Have a look at Disability Snowsports UK promotional video
Disability Snowsport UK - Accept No Limits from John Currie
http://vimeo.com/6869679 to give you some ideas of what is possible.
If you like the look of it, want more information and would like to see what options are available, just give me a shout.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi SaraJ
Thanks for the post.
I do know a bit about disabilities. As I work as a Paramedic and used to work with a guy in my youth (god i am feeling old ) with one arm on the Ski Patrol!
My mate has a condition called Myasthenia Gravis also known as Rag Doll Syndrome. Basically his muscles stop getting the signals telling them to work so sop working! Fortunately he gets a bit of a warning but not enough to be abel to go and do a physical activity like skiing. If he is on his bike he can plan his ride with proper breaks. If he feels an attack coming on he can ride a few more miles park-up safely and take his Meds ! He just doesn't want to risk it on Skis but he does fancy a Road trip to Austria (his idea) seeing as I am into the skiing,have a big Land rover and work as a paramedic he asked me if i was up for a trip and would i pick a suitable resort to stay in.
So I picked Kitzbuel as its got a night life, a train station and a ski club of GB rep for me to ski with.
I think skiing disability snow sports UK is an amazing organization and does not get enough publicity.
I will send him your link to see what he thinks .
Sorry to go on didn't expect the thread to go in this direction
all the very best
Rob W
A.K.A
MadManx
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
madmanx, Fair enough...
In that case, I know nothing about the Kitzbuehel area - hopefully someone else will be along shortly who can help you with ideas.
If your mate wants to know more about skiing, then I'd be happy to talk to him. I don't think it would be impossible for him to ski with the right equipment and a bit of a plan, but he knows best how his body reacts.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy