Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long weekend in March. proving impossible to get a hotel!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm finding it nye on impossible to find a hotel who will accept a booking for a long weekend in early March (I knew it would be difficult but not impossible).

Anyone got any bright ideas? There's 6 in the party and we're looking for somewhere within a couple of hours from Geneva or Milan.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mountain Sun in Tignes?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Where are you trying? How early in March? Until the 7th it's peak French school holiday times. Other countries are supposedly more flexible than France. One possibility would be to stay in Sallanches, very easy driving then to Chamonix, Les Contamines, Combloux/Megeve. There's an Ibis hotel there - and no doubt others too.

Our, as Nadenoodlee suggests, Mountain Sun. Tignes is a bit more than a couple of hours, but they do transfers too, a lot cheaper than many.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Possibly if you wait until nearer the time you will have some success.

They seem to hang on hoping for full week bookings before taking those for a short break.

Logical really, a booking over one weekend takes up two possible weekly bookings for them.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PamW We're planning to fly out on the 4th March, returning on monday 8th. We are looking at anywhere within 1.5 - 2 hours of Geneva. Don't want to have to drive each morning to reach the slopes though.

I know it's a tough time to split 2 weeks for the hotelliers, but thought there might be someone at SH who might know.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you tried morzinelets.com?
I've used them for the past 2 years and would happily recommend them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jzBun, I've only had a problem doing that once; during French holidays when trying to get to Chamonix.

You'll have better luck in Switzerland for that weekend, have you looked at this?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try somewhere apart from France
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Try somewhere apart from France

Yep, agreed. The French aren't very good at selling odd days even at low season - and that's peak! You might find something much nearer the time but any French hotels not full then are probably best avoided.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jzBun, pm sent
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jzBun We stayed at Hotel Alpen Roc http://www.hotel-alpenroc.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 in La Clusaz in March a few years ago and 6 of us are going there this Thursday until Monday. They seem quite flexible.

See other threads in Resorts and Reports for info on La Clusaz. It's about 80 minutes from Geneva.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We do any day arrival 3, 6 and 9 night breaks in Les Coches, or any day arrival 4 night breaks in Tignes. Catered chalets rather than hotel but prices include Geneva transfers and catered accommodation including wine with dinner. www.mountainsunltd.com/short_breaks
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tiger2, 80mins!?

Do you go on your push bike? wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc I got stuck in Saturday morning traffic when I went in March so it took about 2 1/2 hrs!!! and our taxi co. was quoting 70 minutes for Wednesday evening so I thought I'd play safe for jzBun and not follow the TO always optimistic transfer times!

I wouldn't recommend a push bike transfer. Maybe if you travel with Ryan Air and only have 15kg of luggage. Travelling Swiss with 23kg and free ski carriage the push bike was ruled out.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy