Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

frost nip and tight boots...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - new to the forum so apols if this has been done before - quick one for any in the know... After my first day's skiing of the season I warmed up in the bar afterwards and suddenly got a bout of the cold aches... except this time it was like nothing I've had before - concentrated in one big toe and to a much lesser extent in a couple of others. I warmed my feet all evening in warm water (in quite significant pain) and had to abandon the remaining two days since I couldn't get my boots on as my toes were exceptionally tender and painful (although slightly numb to the touch). Three weeks later my toe is purple under the nail and still somewhat tender... Although it wasn't exceptionally cold (-12 maybe) I was aware at the time of skiing of cold / numb feet but rather stupidly skied for another few hours in tight (2005 salomon x-wave) boots. So two questions... does it sound like frost nip? and most critically will it go soon so I'm able to ski again - its prompted me to rethink my boot situation so I'm off to bicester to see solutions for feet in a week or so. But what concerns me the most is having to go to the dark side and comfy boarding boots for the season - any thoughts? thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Craghaddock, welcome to snowheads,

sounds as though it could be either a little bit of frost nip or a combination of this and bashing the nail in to the front of the boot, if you get in the back seat your toes will get pushed into the front of the boot and on a cold day you can get a bit of bruisning at frost nip combinded... it may be that all you need is a little bit of stretching in the toebox to solve everything or it may just be that your feet have spread in time
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Craghaddock, I've had exactly the same thing for the past few years...but oddly it only ever happens on the first holiday of the season. I guess it's that my feet aren't as used to the boots. Of course, I've been meaning to get CEM to sort it out but despite a few false alarms over the past year or so I might actually get round to it after the winter rush.

CEM, PM likely to be coming your way soon Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks for the advice and comments - sounds like its not unheard of... hopefully if its anything like sharkymarks it's just a one off - sauze in two weeks so i'm checking the purpleness every few hours... CEM - guessing you're the fella in bicester (excuse my ignorance if not) look forward to seeing you this weekend if so.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Craghaddock, CEM is indeed in Bicester. Might I suggest taking him a Pork Pie, he's rather partial.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Craghaddock, tis I Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Craghaddock, it won't hurt the second time round wink Skullie
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy