Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How busy is Mammoth in early April (Easter)...?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to Mammoth in early April (Easter week)?

I'm just trying to find out if the resort quietens down a little later in the season.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hornster, the only time I've been was in early April and it was very quiet. We often had complete runs to ourselves, with beautiful weather, and some fresh snowfall.

Although that was over 10 years ago, so it might be different now. The weekend got much busier, but still not crowded.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RachelQ, Thanks for the reply and happy birthday! Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
All US ski areas go very quiet after mid-March, Easter Week can be a great time to ski here. However, there is a risk of slushy conditions and trail closures and the higher elevation resorts are most likely to retain very good snow conditions at that time. Mammoth is one of them and has a reputation for some of the best late season skiing in the US, often into May. Because my children have school holidays then I have skied during Easter Week for the last three years, twice in Colorado, once in Quebec, all with great snow, low crowds, and discounted prices. Razz I much prefer it over skiing during the Christmas Holidays when crowds and expenses are high and the days are cold and dark.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hornster, Like most of the Californian resorts Mammoth is mainly a weekend destination so should be quiet during the week anyway. Snow conditions usually hold up well and they try to stay open until the end of May - on good snow years they open for July 4th! By April most people have started their sping/summer activities so it should be quiet - I'm generally there the last weekend in April and it is quiet apart from a whole bunch of instructors having their convention but we don't tend to be too rowdy (going to Squaw this season anyway)!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks again for the feedback.

I have booked the easter week in Mammoth so fingers crossed for some late season powder! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Who did you book with? Asking as I've had a look for April and it seems quite expensive
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We went in early April but I cant remember if it was Easter weekend or the one before/after we were there.......in any event it was pretty quiet Monday to Friday and as you would expect more busy on the Saturday. If the same applies when you are there ski Mammoth during the week and take a day at June Mountain (just up the road a bit) at the weekend. June is apparently invariably quieter than Mammoth
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mammoth Snowfall history is on this site.......go in past years snowfall and you will see some Aprils have been very snowy.

http://www.mammothmountain.com/MyMammoth/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not to worry about Mammoth snow in April. They regularly have skiing in June, and I have even skied there in early July, although only one run was open. Mammoth is very well designed, with many modern lifts, and I can't remember lines ever being very long. Many of the high traffic areas have six seat chairs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy