Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted - an easy route back from Plan Peisey VE to Arc 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, We are looking at an early morning scoot tomorrow to visit La Plagne. It's fairly easy to several easy options for getting there, but is there a 'blue' route back from Plan Peisey to Arc 1800? Nothing obvious is jumping out of the piste map and we are not certain if we found Maitaz running from Derby whether it would run down to Arc 1800 or whether it runs the wrong way - the piste map seems conveniently short of little direction arrows. I daresay the kids could probably manage a red, but until I get these new skis properly under control I'd prefer to stay the blue side of a red if I could. It's just that with the kids in ski school every day for a 1/2 day tomorrow might be the only day we get over there and I may not have had enough time on the skis by then to be entirely in my comfort zone.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very easy. From the top of the Peisey chairlift (necessary) follow Renard, Cogs or Foret to the bottom of the Derby chair then Maïtaz to 1800. You'll need to cross the Front de Neige to get to Charvet via those routes, or go higher on the Derby and down Accès Transarc and Grand Melezes.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum, Easy.

Get the peisey lift, come off and at the top turn left, ski down below the 2300 lift (pass either side) then about 50 yds down below the that lift station there's a track on the right that cuts through the forest. Keep going down paste the Derby lift - you go round the bottom of the bottom station and carry straight on, you'll come out of the trees and spot the transarc bubbles - eventually it meanders its way across into 1800. You come out near the charmettoger end, but go down and leave the big orange fence on the left and you'll swing round towards the bottom of the Vagere.

The pistes you want are foret and Maitaz

Enjoy...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Excellent guys - thanks, its just with a new resort its handy to have the confidence that you know which direction the pistes will run in. We think we are sorted, now all we will have to do is get lost in La Plagne!! Maybe its the kids turn to be in charge of the map tomorrow Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, hope there are going to be lots of pics in the post-trip report!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy