Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff (Big 3) lift pass way OVERPRICED! Any discounted passes to be had?

Poster: A snowHead
thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
another view of the lake

and one of the ice carvings, dotted around

Just to show snow on the Lake

Go for it - bended knee, on the Lake Smile

Then some apres in the Chateau afterwards Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shenryo wrote:
thanks, I have heard it is a beautiful location; also, my concierge has stated that there are some truly remarkable points at the top of LL itself - I will have chance to scout these out prior to us being there which is a bonus

can any of you guys recommend the dog-sledding tours? any particular one?

We did a dogsledding trip from Canmore. I think it was with Snowy Owl . My son said it was the best day he'd ever had on snow apart from skiing. He still wants his own huskies.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for that mate
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yea man. SSV - Delirium dive if you have avy kit. Goats eye mountain, its pretty much all expert terrain! Ski Hells Kitchen skiiers right of the Goats eye express. The headwall of Standish is also fun if you like to point it/drop stuff!! LL has alot of terrain in the back bowls and i personally like the trees of the Larch chair. FunFunFun!! Very jealous by the way. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
wow, it looks amazing!!! i am torn between beautiful viewpoint at the top of the mountain or, as said above, kneeling on the beautiful lake with that amazing backdrop Shock
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The lake and glacier is a beautiful view. Just make sure she is facing it!haha. I wouldn't do it on skis, might be a bit cliche..? GOOD LUCK MAN!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

so I assume that you actually go onto the lake? is it fully frozen at this time of year? i have heard that I would need to ski in the morning or something and then take a ten minute shuttle to the lake itself

Lake is fully frozen and they clear a rink at the chateau end for skating (you can rent skates here if you want) There should be ice sculptures dotted all over the place in front of chateau and then the ice castle itself on the lake. Sometimes there are fire pits and hot choc too. The lounge at the chateau is a nice place for lunch with a lovely view. You can also get sleigh rides around the lake which look good to me, but check whether these operate outside the weekend.

Alternatives - rent a car and go to emerald lake for lunch in the bar with snowshoeing round the lake (rent there agian check rental times) followed by supper there.

Recommend the Bison in Banff for special meal
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
or you could always climb tunnel mountain on day off and propose up there...........
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A second vote for the Bison from me and hubby
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
arv wrote:
Woken up a little early due to the body clock being screwed but the room at the Caribou is nice and free Wifi Very Happy

Oh good to hear wifi working in Caribou, was broken when we were there last year. Arriving there on Thursday, won't be eating between now and then in preparation for the mountainous breakfasts in The Keg Smile

How's the snow? LL looks really quiet on the webcams
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hahahaa gryphea, I don't think she would follow Shock

I will keep the Bison in mind, thanks - I have also had Eden, Banff Springs and the Maple Leaf recommended as a great place for a celebratory meal - thoughts?

Ahhh, I was wondering where may be good for breakfast.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shenryo,

Second view of 1000 peaks @ Panorama. Would be a lovely place for a proposal.

I have pics...

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=275560342&photo_id=635500320

(pick a sunny day though... view is amazing)

Sorry for crappy pics, my husband left the camera at home and we had to make do with an Iphone rolling eyes

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 25-01-10 16:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
shenryo wrote:
hahahaa gryphea, I don't think she would follow Shock

I will keep the Bison in mind, thanks - I have also had Eden, Banff Springs and the Maple Leaf recommended as a great place for a celebratory meal - thoughts?

Ahhh, I was wondering where may be good for breakfast.

Maple Leaf very nice also (had dinner there for hubby's birthday last year), top notch food, but overpriced in our opinion and we prefer the atmosphere in the Bison. Haven't been to Eden or Banff Springs so unable to comment. Check out Coyotes on Caribou Street for a cracking breakfast. Oh I'm getting hungry now Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
shenryo,

Quote:

wow, it looks amazing!!! i am torn between beautiful viewpoint at the top of the mountain or, as said above, kneeling on the beautiful lake with that amazing backdrop

I would go for the lake. REason is sking sounds slightly more like your thing than her thing and this is about her. SO don't do it on skis, go to the lake where you can go in for a lovely lunch in the lounge.

On the mountain, maybe punctuated by other skiers going past .
snow report
Quote:

I have also had Eden, Banff Springs and the Maple Leaf recommended as a great place for a celebratory meal - thoughts?

Not been to any of these (OH is veggie which deosn't help). But the Eden looks disticntly stuffy to me, the Bison is more casual, funkier , but excellent food.
latest report
Quote:

I have also had Eden, Banff Springs and the Maple Leaf recommended as a great place for a celebratory meal - thoughts?

The Post Hotel in Lake Louise is probably the best restaurant in the Bow valley.
snow conditions
thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it - I certainly do get what you're saying gryphea - I never took into consideration popping into the lounge afterwards Shock
snow conditions
Or the Railway Station restaurant in Lake Louse.
latest report
Best lunch on the mountain was at Sawyers Nook at Temple Lodge in LL, but I think I heard that it wasn't the same now. Fine dining seems to be replaced by fast food and pizza Sad .
latest report
Acacia wrote:

The Post Hotel in Lake Louise is probably the best restaurant in the Bow valley.

Or... if you're more *ahem* "budget-minded" you might prefer the "Outback" which is around the back of the Post Hotel - same kitchen but $15 dollar main courses. Yum yum!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy