Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair announce new logo to better reflect company values

Poster: A snowHead
SnowGod, Again I go back to the only relevant point, if Ryanair were so bad then no one would fly with them but their results prove otherwise? You can moan all you want but their results make them a very, very successful company.

I do find it fascinating when people put so much effort into moaning about something they can easily avoid, therefore saving themselves all that stress of moaning?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cfc5mu0 wrote:
One of the girls here at work just got back from somewhere or other on RA and they charged £30 for the bag of duty frees she got at the airport on the basis she had a handbag already and therefore exceeded the one hand luggage policy

In all the info I've had from Ryanair, they make it clear that one bag of hand luggage means, err, one bag of hand luggage. If you (or one of your girls) have two, then they will be charged.

BA wanted £800 for a return trip a few weeks ago. Ryanair wanted £80 for substantially the same trip. Guess who I went with? And I wasn't even paying!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller, You clearly haven't read my previous posts..... possibly because there is no defence to the experiences I've outlined or maybe because you've just missed the salient points because you view RA through rose tinted glasses.

A) If I want to share my bad experiences and the reasons I personally don't like RA on here then thats my perogative

B) I have cited several good reasons to justify my opinion of them

C) I've also stated that I do still use them for one particular route but only because they are slightly more bearable than the alternative travel arrangements I would have to make to get to my destination

D) Their results make them a PROFITABLE company but IMHO success is based on a number of factors other than financial ones.... but just think how much more dosh they could make if the experience of flying with them was slightly more pleasurable.

E) I don't like some of their rules and charges as don;t a lot of other people but you know they're coming and you can't do anything about them plus its RA's perogative to rip people off in the way they charge as long as they make it clear what they're doing, which they generally do

F) My biggest gripe is the inconsistent manner in which they enforce their rules and the attitude of certain members of their staff.

G) I would reiterate that if you don't like hearing bad things about ryan air then you shouldn't read threads about ryan air because I don;t think I've seen one praising them yet
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnowGod wrote:
G) I would reiterate that if you don't like hearing bad things about ryan air then you shouldn't read threads about ryan air because I don;t think I've seen one praising them yet

I opened the thread as it contained a funny picture about Ryanair, it wasn't a thread complaining about Ryanair, at least it wasn't till you waded in and went off topic Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SnowGod, We've heard you all ready. You got your point across you've had inconsistent treatment from Ryanair (all one word) & you're very unhappy about it & feel you're getting ripped. However you still fly with them as you feel they're better than having to drive to London. We got all of that now there's no need to keep banging on about it.

As thefatcontroller, said he started this thread as a pisstake not another rant thread. For the record i don't like flying with ryanair but that's to do with a couple of dodgy landings as opposed to anyway i've been treated by them. I certainly don't think they're trying to rip me off any time i do fly with them. Other than the aforementioned dodgy landings i can't say i've ever had any problem with their service.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I opened the thread as it contained a funny picture about Ryanair, it wasn't a thread complaining about Ryanair, at least it wasn't till you waded in and went off topic

Are you Dav as well as thefatcontroller? Or did u not actually open the thread as another poster called Dav did? ...... confused.com

I think you'll find that the content of the funny picture implies that RA are shafting their customers..... hardly a positive image of the worlds greatest airline!! You'll also find that several other posters prior to my first post in this thread also expressed negative opinions about ryanair, so I hardly feel that I "waded in and went off topic" as you suggest..... But, you are clearly an individual who likes to have the last word regardless of how bored you claim to be if another poster airs an opinion which is opposed to your own, even if it is justified by personal experience.

You will not change my view and that of many others on RA..... only Mickey and his staff can do that but they clearly don't give a toss about what people think as they continue to run loss making routes to drive other operators away and get a monopoly before increasing the prices and introduce yet more exorbithant charges. When they are the only airline left with routes to the Alps and they're charging £500 each way maybe you won't be quite so complimentary because lets face it..... control of Europes short haul business is where he's going and more and more airlines are going out of business every year. Personally I don;t think thats healthy but each to their own....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SnowGod wrote:
You will not change my view and that of many others on RA........

What gave you the impression I was? Ryanair as their figures show are an incredibly successful company and if you choose not to fly with them that's your choice but plenty fly with them.

However if you are so aggrieved at the treatment Ryanair give their customers why not set up an alternative airline and see how long you last Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hey, you two are exchanging positions (a la the two on the tail fin) by the second!

how about adding a reach around to the logo, that way we acknowledge that they're way cheap (so despite getting shafted, it aint all that bad!) Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, sorry but you seem to keep missing the point that there is a big difference between profitability and success. Financial performance is not the only measure. Ask all the major companies which have gone bust or been taken over in the last couple of years and wish they had done things differently so that their cutomers had kept coming back. The figures only show RA are a profitable company.... for now.... and show nothing else.

I won't be opening an alternative airline as I don't know the first thing about operating an airline and I don't think I could raise the cash to buy 200 Boeing 737's or whatever he uses. I do sincerely hope however that somebody does take him on in the same way that Branson took on the arrogance of BA with the transatlantic flights 20 odd years ago and won by giving better customer service and an all round better flying experience for an equivalent price without treating his passengers like complete imbeciles. All people ask is for a little respect and service for spending their money with a carrier..... like the BA of old, RA do not give that respect and I am longing to see the day when they are made to pay dearly for that.... watch this space....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
incidently people keep banging on about how cheap RA are... for the last 2 years I've looked at RA flights to Salzburg at half term and they wanted something like £560pp return including all the add ons..... I ended up taking EJ flights both times for £202 return last year and £173 this year..... Also went to skiing at the end of Nov and the cheapes way to get to where i was going was Lufthansa flights to Munich.... so, expensive flights and sh1te service offered on a plate for the last two ski trips I've booked..... what an appealing combination.... not surprisingly I took the alternative....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SnowGod, i think maybe they've customised their pricing structure where enquiries from you are concerned brother, I know I would Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
barry, Laughing Do think they've got a list of people who they know would torch their offices given half a chance????? Be a bloody long list... thats all i can say!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bit of a local hero is Mike in Ireland actually, I remember when it was Aer Lingus or nothing, then along came Tony (from aer lingus and of GPA with Nigel Lawson on the board fame) & Mike and made flying available to the common man, this one included! (a bit tinted by nostalgia maybe but honestly not far off the mark, and not dissimilar to your Branson/BA example),

- that and the fact that we love anyone who is seen to be perhaps getting away with murder as far as British punters are concerned!!!

local boy made good! Laughing Laughing

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 25-01-10 20:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
so in summary, it's all Nigel Lawson's fault, closing pits and screwing air-travellers wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
barry, Fair play to the bloke for what he originally set out to do but these entrepeneurial types often seem to get a bit to big for their boots and transform into exactly the type of organisation that they set up in competition with in the first place. In the long term they start to believe that they're invincible and can treat people any way they like..... then one day a serious competitor comes along, treats people right and the peasants revolt and the enterpenuer either toes the line or the wheels drop off.....

BA were guilty of that til Branson came along even though you'd have thought they might have realised they were wide open to it when good old Freddie Laker had a go at them in the 70's but eventually failed cos BA had the UK Govt in their pockets and Laker couldn't get decent time slots.... BA were too arrogant to see the threat and Branson came along and stuck it right up 'em and they've never been the same since.

IMHO Mickey is slowly but surely heading in the same direction..... one day he's going to come a cropper (East mids phrase I think Laughing ) and I genuinely hope I'm still alive to see it cos I'm a bit like that.

This is exactly why I downloaded Rage Against The Machine just to stop Simon Cowell getting the Xmas number one.... only listened to the damn song once and it's rubbish but it was the principal of Simon Cowell using his financial and TV marketing muscle to dictate the music charts that I found objectionable.... Laughing
snow report
Quote:

so in summary, it's all Nigel Lawson's fault, closing pits and screwing air-travellers

.... but we'll forgive him if his daughter comes round and cooks us dinner and talks to us in that gorgeous husky voice for an hour or two wink
ski holidays
SnowGod wrote:
4 completely satisfied customers out of about 600 I know ain't a bad ratio for a budget airline I suppose... higher than I'd have expected in RyanAirs case.... wink

I do not for one moment believe that you know 600 people who have all flown with Ryanair, and aall had problems.

Nor do I believe that the 4 (5 with me) people who have posted on here that they have flown with no problems are the only ones you know.

They fly millions of people every year, and the majority of those have no reported problems.
snow conditions
SnowGod wrote:

Without exception we all used to go with SleazyJet on the same route in preference but they have now pulled out of East Mids Airport cos Ryan Air ran at a loss for while to squeeze them out.... fair enough... business is business.....

You do realise you are accusing Ryanair of illegal business practice there?
ski holidays
Quote:

No I'm not..... there's nothing to stop a busines working at a loss and if the end result is that someone stops doing what they're doing because of it then tough .... its called a loss leader..... Tesco do it all the time...... its not price fixing ..... but in any event do you realise that I don't actually care....

Quote:

They fly millions of people every year, and the majority of those have no reported problems.

The figures were arbitary as I would have thought u might have quessed from the "roundness" of the number.... my point is that I and loads of others, including many that I know, who have used RA do not like their charging structure, customer service, sharp practices, inconsistency or the general way they do business.... do u honestly expect me to wait for an hour on the phone to tell someone who doesn't give damn that I think only allowing payment by electron cards with no charge is a sharp practice..... I think not...
ski holidays
SnowGod, despite all of your protestations and desire for the company to fail, you admit that you still regularly fly with them. I think that says it all.

Effectively by doing that you're saying "yeah, they're bad, but not too bad". So I'm not sure I understand why you get so animated and vitriolic about them. I think if you truly believed they were quite as bad as you have continually made out you would take the necessary steps to not fly with them.
ski holidays
SnowGod wrote:
Quote:

No I'm not..... there's nothing to stop a busines working at a loss and if the end result is that someone stops doing what they're doing because of it then tough .... its called a loss leader..... Tesco do it all the time...... its not price fixing ..... but in any event do you realise that I don't actually care....

You might if they find out and sue you for libel.

While it isn't illegal to have "loss leaders", it is illegal to attempt to put competitors out of business by the use of them.

Quote:

The figures were arbitary as I would have thought u might have quessed from the "roundness" of the number.... my point is that I and loads of others, including many that I know, who have used RA do not like their charging structure, customer service, sharp practices, inconsistency or the general way they do business.... do u honestly expect me to wait for an hour on the phone to tell someone who doesn't give damn that I think only allowing payment by electron cards with no charge is a sharp practice..... I think not...[/quote]

Of course not.

But then none of that has anything to do with whether people have problems flying with them. That is all about whether you like their practices or not. Which is a different issue entirely.

I know many people do not like their practices. But what it boils down to in the end is quite simply do they provide the service you want (flying you and your luggage from departure airport to destination airport) at an overall price you are happy with.

If so, use them. If not, don't.
latest report
Dav, said it a few times already but I'll say it once more..... there is one route that I fly regularly... well a couple of times a year. It's the only realsitic way I can complete my door to door journey safely and in a reasonable time.... I don't like it, but I do it because its marginally more bearable than the alternative. If there was another carrier which flew the same route I'd happily pay more rather than give RA my hard earned but I don't want to have to drive back from Stansted after driving 6 hours plus at the other end and there isn't another carrier because EJ have pulled out of EMA altogether.

Everything I have said about MY OPINION of RA stands and I know a lot of people with similar opinions.... if other people love them fine.... if people think they're the greatest airline in the world, or the cheapest or you're sleeping with Mickeys daughter then thats fine too.... I just don't care. and I don;t want to change your opinion of RA... you're welcome to it.

But I personally hate doing business with them because of their inconsistency, sharp practices, unreasonable charging structure etc etc.... why oh why do people try to tell me I'm wrong or try to change my opinion..... it's just an opinion based on MY experiences and those of people I know.... end of.... the only people who can change it is RA themselves but they don't care because people keep using them purely on price.... there are things that are far more important to me than price.... maybe I'm lucky... maybe I'm plain stupid.... but price is not the defining factor for me.... If it was I'd ski in Bulgaria the first weekin Jan.... but thankfully I don't have to.... I'm lucky... I want service and I want to be treated like human being with respect..... is that really such a bad thing???? I wish I'd never shared my opinion in this goddamn forum cos you're not allowed to have one unless its the same as the regulars.... its like talking to my wife all over again!!!!
"Do you like this dress or that one?
I don't care they're both nice,
You must prefer one of them
OK the blue one
Why don;t u like the black one
I do they're both nice
But u said the blue one etc etc
ski holidays
Quote:

You might if they find out and sue you for libel.

I'm sure Mickeys got better things to do with his time than sue me for nuppence 'apenny cos thats all he'd get.

Quote:

I know many people do not like their practices. But what it boils down to in the end is quite simply do they provide the service you want (flying you and your luggage from departure airport to destination airport) at an overall price you are happy with.

If so, use them. If not, don't.

alex_heney, but that is my point exactly... and the answer for me 95% of the time is NO..... so we agree.... at last.... someone who agrees and actually gets the point...... yippeeeee....... hoorah....... put the flags out...... its a miracle...... I was blind and now I can see!
snow report
SnowGod, Enough all ready you've put your point across now you're just repeating yourself. Oh & have you considered taking the train to another airport rather than driving to stanstead if you hate Ryanair so much?
ski holidays
Quote:

Enough all ready you've put your point across now you're just repeating yourself.

Believe me... I'm sick of saying the same thing til I'm blue in the face but as long as people keep telling me that I'm wrong or I should change my opinion for whatever reason I'll keep doing it..... its only my opinion, I'm entitled to it and I'm not even asking people to agree with it....

Have looked into the train and the coach but neither are really an option..... they both take an age and there are either too many changes or can't get there early enough for the flight without going the night before. Unfortunatley I'm stuck with RA for convenience and timings..... I don't like it but in this instance I have to live with it
snow report
Why don't you like it then?
latest report
7and2suited, in the interests of my own sanity, and that of others, I will refer you to my earlier posts in this thread rather than go through it again..... wink
snow report
SnowGod wrote:
7and2suited, in the interests of my own sanity, and that of others, I will refer you to my earlier posts in this thread rather than go through it again..... wink

c'mon man, that aint the spirit! Laughing

(i do suspect, reading about your experiences, that you are Mike's favourite customer-type - hates his guts but still fills his pockets!! That's just how he is! Loveable with it an' all!!) Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

(i do suspect, reading about your experiences, that you are Mike's favourite customer-type - hates his guts but still fills his pockets!! That's just how he is! Loveable with it an' all!!)

The worrying thing is that I suspect u might be right.... Did I tell you I was the model for the new logo.... the one at the front... wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy