Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Now Aer Lingus suspends its Gatwick to Munich flights - not a year for flying!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We were sent the following email form Aer Lingus last night advising us that they have suspended their flights between LGW and Munich resulting in the cancellation of our flights scheduled on 4th March - they will be providing a full refund but nit for another 30 days!

We had a mad scramble last night to find flights for 6 people and the best we have will cost us £60 more per person on BA. We initially booked with AL as they were offering free ski carriage - we now have to squeeze all our gear into our ski bags to avoid the additional £56 BA will charge for skis (over an about the £60 premium we now have to pay).

I've had a shocker with airlines this winter - first it was the proposed BA strike, then snow disruptions, now this. Will definitely be looking into driving next season.

Subject: Important - Aer Lingus Schedule Change for PNR ref:

Dear Sir/Madam

We are contacting you as a result of a revision to the Aer Lingus schedule and would like to advise you of a change to your previously confirmed itinerary.

Aer Lingus has suspended its service to your planned destination. All bookings for this route have been cancelled.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your hassle with AL.

Under law they are responsible for all your lost, or additional, pre-booked onward travel costs. Keep all receipts.

However, they are only responsible if you DID NOT accept alternative arrangements offered by them.

Their decision to suspend is purely a commercial one. Therefore, they cannot wriggle out of their contractual obligations to you due to 'force majure' or bad weather, airport closures etc. etc.

Good luck!

Cheers.

Andrew
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chamexpress, They did not offer any alternative arrangements. We only received an apology. Do you know where I can find out more infor about our rights in this case?

Thanks in advance
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chamexpress wrote:
Under law they are responsible for all your lost, or additional, pre-booked onward travel costs.

are you sure ? the did the same thing to me and cancelled the Cardiff/Dublin route - I had a flight booked on this route - and their web site basically said they can cancel the flight/route and all you will get is a refund, which in my case was not good because the flight was cheap (which is why I booked it six months in advance) and it was much more expensive to book a last minute alternative.

My feeling at the time was that they had looked at the remaining bookings on the route and worked out it was better for them to cancel it, probably from a financial point of view Sad

I have not booked with them since
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops, I called them today - they will refund all charges but will not compensate us for having to pay extra for alternative flights. Their view is that they have given us sufficient advanced warning. They suggested I contact my travel insurance company. The insurance company indicated that they do not cover this scenario. I wil not be using them again.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep another airline company to strike off my list for good!

Have caused me grief with canceling of flights from gatwick to eindhoven Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy