Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thomson / Crystal Websites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am getting very annoyed with these 2 websites.

When searching for a holiday, it brings up a hotel / flight deal that I want to look at closer - however, when you click on 'Choose flight' it comes up with a message saying 'no accomodation available - please call ......

Very frustrating - if there is no availability - DONT LIST IT THEN !!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yup. I had a letter in DMS&S a few years ago complaining about TO web sites. Nothing's changed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CarlT, Phone them, then discover they are even dumber then you would think possible. Try direct booking direct with a chalet.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lightningdan wrote:
CarlT, Phone them, then discover they are even dumber then you would think possible. Try direct booking direct with a chalet.

I am looking around for a deal at the moment, but need to have childcare for a 18 month old - hence why looking at Thomson / Crystal!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CarlT, In my experience, that is unusual.

I have used their sites extensively (booking through Crystal or Thomson website 4 of the last 5 years, with a lot of searching beforehand).

I have had that happen a few times, but very few, in many hundreds of searches/drill downs.

I presume you are putting in the right number of each type of passenger (adult/child) when you start the search?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've not had that problem with Thomson/Crystal website but what does irritate me is that you can't book any form of under-occupancy online, their software doesn't seem to allow it. However, at least when you ring up and mention this, they still offer you the online booking discount.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
queen bodecia, I'd noticed that too, although so far I have always managed to find a single room, rather than having to pay for sole use of twin. Sometimes it has offered both a single and a twin that in theory I could book for sole use, but as you say, it won't actually let you.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex_heney, it's irritating when it offers sole occupancy supplements in the brochure but you can't actually book them online. In fact, when you ring them up, most accommodation is available with a sole occupancy supplement, but they only print the 'reasonable' ones.

I generally pay to have a twin room for sole occupancy. I had a single room in Passo Tonale in 2006 which attracted a £42 supplement and was little more than a cupboard. Although I did have a fair sized single room in Kitzbuhel for a similar supplement.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think Austrian single rooms tend to be larger than they are in some other countries. Certainly all the ones I have had there, I have been happy with, while the ones I have had in both Andorra and the Dolomites have been a little on the small side.

Obviously, that is a gross generalisation, and there are sure to be exceptions both ways.

I think the best single I have had was in the Blattlhof - where they advertise their single rooms as being 18sq m, and I had no reason to doubt that.

I have seen twin for sole use supplements so high that even at brochure prices, in low season, you would be better off paying for two people then just having the 2nd not turn up on the day.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
alex_heney, my limit is £100 for either a single room or sole use supplement. That's how much a nice large room to myself is worth to me. Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alex_heney, I think I was doing it correct, may give it another go this morning to check!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy