Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cairngorm's dramatic winter of storms and snows continues [re-titled]

Poster: A snowHead
After a series of massive snowstorms which have shut down Scotland's best-known ski mountain for much of January - the access road to Cairngorm is again blocked by drifts, after days of huge snow-clearing efforts - there is now a 'husky alert' for the end of the week:

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?2,114693,page=13

Quote:
Glenmore Husky Racing

Husky racing is taking place throughout this weekend and the area around Glenmore Gates will be congested all day. Please drive with care through Glenmore and remember to take note of the electronic road sings for hill status updates at Inverdruie (just outside Aviemore). We will also be posting Twitter updates from around 8am on Saturday morning (www.twitter.com) – follow us at CairngormMtn.

Frank Zappa wrote:

Dreamed I was an Eskimo
Frozen wind began to blow
Under my boots and around my toes
The frost that bit the ground below
It was a hundred degrees below zero...

And my mama cried
And my mama cried
Nanook, a-no-no
Nanook, a-no-no
Don't be a naughty Eskimo
Save your money, don't go to the show

Well I turned around and I said "Oh, oh" Oh
Well I turned around and I said "Oh, oh" Oh
Well I turned around and I said "Ho, Ho"
And the northern lights commenced to glow
And she said, with a tear in her eye
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow"
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow"

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 23-01-10 12:04; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Would love to see the husky races actually, as would the kids Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lasso them and you might enjoy some much-needed uplift
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never mind racing, they could earn a fortune giving sled dog rides from the Ciste carpark up the link road! snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
it's fun to watch, especially in the years when they can do it on snow with proper sleds (rather than on wheels!). There's always a few baby puppies around the base too, which are definitely the cutest animals you've ever seen

On the downside, the forest is covered in dugshite for months afterwards rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's OK if it covers up the yellow snow
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They also race them on some of the forest roads at Bedgebury where I cycle. Pulling wheeled sleds of course. It is a bit bizarre coming across a team of them there.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cairngorm closed again today. The mountain has updated its recent 'mini documentaries' of how the snow's being cleared. The Ptarmigan restaurant has been virtually buried - don't know the height of the roof, but I imagine there's at least 6m of snow up there, and probably far deeper accumulations in some corries:

http://youtube.com/v/g9SkTaYPJp8&feature=player_embedded
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Digging team on the funicular track [4pm, Friday]

If someone knows how to grab that image, store it and post it back, it's quite a good one for posterity.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
right click, save image.....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks, daehwons. Trouble is, I don't know how to host it, or any of that jazz.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Static version:

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My word, wotalot of snow! Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here is that image compared to the 22nd of December, month apart.

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm planning to be doing some work in the Lowlands 2nd week in Feb. Toying with the idea of getting a cheeky couple of days beforehand in Cairngorm (drive up sunday, ski monday, go to work tuesday). They better have dug out by then Toofy Grin
latest report
The good news is that the mountain's back in action this morning. And this morning's 'Patroller's Blog' is well worth a read:

http://blog.cairngormmountain.co.uk

Quote:
We spent all day yesterday getting the down road blown and widened and a big squad getting the track, top building and some of the uplift dug out again, i think since the initial storm we must have shifted in excess of 80,000 tons of snow. The link road will be left for the time being so we will have two way traffic on the down road.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy