Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2010 dstar legend pro XXL 187 review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
me...5'11"....75kg...strong, agressive skier...
skis...2010 dynastar legend pro XXL 187...sidecut = 132 109 122....radius = 41m @ 187
bindings...sally sth 14's mounted on the line
................................... as frank barone would say....."holy cr@p"......these things are an absolute monster of a ski...drilled wood core with a rohacell strip inserted to lighten them and a full metal jacket, making it torisionally very stiff...reviews i had read before getting these stated they were useless unless in their intended territory of big open powder fields, but i found them very useable all over the mountain, including groomers...in fact i skied them the full week, although i must say that they had me fatigued like no other ski...i pride myself on being strong in the legs but these made a wee boy of me by 2-3 o'clock every day...here's how i found them on the mountain...piste = very useable and lots of fun but you need balls...if you don't have balls, you will have them by day 3 if you give these skis a chance...they just want to straightline it and their natural arc is huge (41m @ 187)...they go from 0 to infinity in a coupla seconds and are scary, scary, scary...if you don't like speed, don't even think about trying them...seriously...they just take off.........i found i could put in some tight turns when needed and was surprised at their versatility... i also found them easier to use in the bumps and nicer in the trees than i was expecting...pow = got some fresh for the last 2 days...mostly knee deep but thigh deep in places...these babies are different to other skies i have used in pow...i am used to a softer ski and / or rockered, so i thought at first the XXL's were submarining on me...i quickly realised that just under the surface is where they like to be...this, and their super stiffness, makes them phenomenal in the variable, which i loved...they blast through everything..tracked out, crud, avalanche debris, small children, you name it, they destroy it....any strong, ballsy skiers looking for something to make you shoot your load...try these out......average and weak skiers need not apply....

okbye
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
5'11"....75kg...strong, agressive skier...

man up for the 194cm wink

XXLs are tankers for sure !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haggis_Trap, Laughing no mission....the girl's 187's were plenty for me mate!

okbye

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 21-01-10 15:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wow... sounds like you took a bugatti veyron to a go-kart race!

would like to try something like this one day when the conditions are right!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i have just come off 4 full days on the man's version of this ski and my legs really know about it.

seriously, they are probably a bit much for a desk jockey like me but every now and then there is room to let them run and there is nothing like it.

i actually quite like them as a couloir/steep skiing ski. lack of sidecut makes smearing off speed nice and predictable and keeps lots of edge on contact with the snow. at 194 cm not great for super-narrow chutes obviously
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

i pride myself on being strong in the legs but these made a wee boy of me by 2-3 o'clock every day..

is that supposed to be a good thing?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, yes and no - not many people will have the physique or technique to overpower these skis (which can be a good thing). in my case, this means that when I am really "on it" and feeling like skiing fast they are great. there are times when i fancy a more relaxing ride. it's probably a bit like the difference between driving an F1 car and something a bit more road friendly
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy