Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zinal to Grimnetz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My brother and I went to Zinal the week before Christmas and had a great day even though little was open. the route down to Grimnetz was closed, I looked at the start it looked a little interesting, what is the rest of the run like. I will have my wife with me she is a good intermediate will she cope???.

How regulary does the bus run back from Grimnetz to Zinal ?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
I would've thought a good intermediate should be ok. It starts on a track traversing above a nice little set of couloirs, then a steepish but unthreatening start into a big wide bowl. It steepens again as you get nearer the tree line and then it's a long gentle track winding through the trees. You arrive 10 minutes walk or so from the Grimentz lifts. The bus back is fairly infrequent but runs to a precise timetable which is on the bottom of the piste map.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tbh it's quicker to get the bus from Zinal!! We skied it and another in our group took the bus, she was there a good hour before us!! There is alot of track at the end then a decent walk into Grimentz.....

You have to factor in the time to get up to the top of Zinal, then the time to ski down then the piste + track + walk at the other end....
snow conditions
 brian
brian
kitenski, true, but if you wanted to ski Z in the morning, G in the afternoon and bus back to your car, it would be quicker than skiing back to Zinal and bussing it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello All,

Heading over to Zinal for the weekend in a couple of weeks and was wondering if you would have any recommendations for a guide? We are looking to maximise the skiing, so trying to find someone who can show us where all the nice fluffy stuff is. Any help be brilliant.

Cheers
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brian wrote:
kitenski, true, but if you wanted to ski Z in the morning, G in the afternoon and bus back to your car, it would be quicker than skiing back to Zinal and bussing it.

Thanks Brian, that is exactly what we plan to do
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy